|Submitted||July 18, 2016|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To Whom It May Concern:
Pursuant to the Colorado Open Records Act, I hereby request the following records:
Any and all policies, procedures, directives, memorandums, and any other guiding materials regarding matters pertaining to firearm acquisition, licensure, use, and transfer, including, but not limited to, the following:
• policies and procedures on the issuance of firearms permits and licenses. (Please note that this point is not a request for identities of individual permit/license holders, but is rather a request for governmental policies and parameters regarding the process and regulations by which one may obtain a license or permit. If separate strictures exist for each, provision of both would be greatly appreciated.)
• policies and procedures on the revocation of firearms permits and licenses.
• any and all available policies and procedures regarding local firearms policies. Please provide all such materials that alter or supplement departmental procedures.
Please include all available segregable data.
Please also provide all available data, statistics, or reports regarding matters pertaining to gun acquisition, licensure, use, and transfer, including, but not limited to, the following:
• the issuance of firearms permits and licenses.
• the revocation of firearms permits and licenses.
• the suspension of firearms permits and licenses.
• the renewal of firearms permits and licenses.
• incidents involving the use of a firearm.
If various policies or reports exist dependent on the type of firearm, provision of all applicable materials would be greatly appreciated. Should they be voluminous, provision of materials on rolling basis would be greatly appreciated.
Should your agency believe that any additional policies, procedures, reports or other analysis pertaining to firearm acquisition, licensure, use, transfer, deaths, incidents, or any related issues may reside with another agency or agencies, indication of such agencies would be greatly appreciated.
Please notify us if further clarification is necessary.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 3 business days, as the statute requires.
411A Highland Ave
Somerville, MA 02144-2516
The Clear Creek County Sheriff's Office received your Open Records Act request July 18, 2016. It was forwarded to me for reply. The replies are interlineated among your requests, below.
Robert W. Loeffler
Clear Creek County Attorney
P.O. Box 2000
Georgetown, CO 80444
Ofc Main 303-679-2326
The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally privileged and/or protected "work-product" under applicable law. The information is intended solely for the above-mentioned recipient.
If you are not the named recipient, or responsible for delivering it to the named recipient, you have received this transmission in error; any review, retention, use or disclosure of any information contained in this e-mail is forbidden and may be illegal. Please reply to this e-mail or call (303) 679-2326 to advise the sender of your receipt and delete this message and all copies made of it. Thank you.