|Submitted||March 11, 2021|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To Whom It May Concern:
Pursuant to the Wisconsin Open Records Act, I hereby request the following records:
1. the total number of use of force incidents, separated by type of force used in 2020 (for example, “27 taser incidents in 2020, 3 baton incidents in 2020, etc.)
2. the total number of civilian complaints alleging any form of law enforcement misconduct that were reported and the total number sustained in 2020.
3. the total number of civilian complaints alleging law enforcement use of excessive force that were reported and the total number sustained in 2020.
4. the total number of civilian complaints alleging biased policing or racial profiling that were reported and the total number sustained in 2020.
5. the total number of civilian complaints alleging criminal conduct that were reported and the total number sustained in 2020.
6. all information reported to the FBI’s National Use-of-Force Data Collection program to date.
Note that my requests for civilian complaints are specifically for civilian complaints alleging police misconduct, please do not include complaints filed by one officer/the department against another officer.
The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.
In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 10 business days.
See attached response to your recent request for information
Office Services Coordinator
Waukesha County Sheriff's Department
Confidentiality Notice: Waukesha County is subject to Wisconsin's Public Records Law. However, if the information in this e-mail is confidential, it may not be subject to disclosure under the Public Records Law or other applicable law. This e-mail is intended for the specific delivery to and use by the person(s) to whom it is addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error, you are notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution and use of this e-mail or any attachment is prohibited. Please reply to the sender immediately if you have received the e-mail in error, and delete the original and any copy from your computer. Thank you.