|Multi Request||First FOIA|
|Submitted||May 20, 2019|
|Due||June 21, 2019|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To Whom It May Concern:
Pursuant to the Freedom of Information Act, I hereby request the following records:
*Documents generated as part of the creation of the FOIA office (defined as whatever department, office, or coordinator is responsible for overseeing and/or processing FOIA requests), whether this was at the time of the agency's creation or the passage of the Freedom of Information Act, to include:
1. The instruction to do so from the Agency, as well as any guidance from the senior leadership
2. Documents discussing proposals and procedures
3. Any legal guidance or analysis produced or acquired by the Agency in response to or as part of the creation of the FOIA office
4. Internal documents from the press office, legislative liaison's office (or equivalent), general counsel's office (or equivalent), director's office (or equivalent) or the newly created FOIA office, reacting to or characterizing the office and it's creation
* A copy of the agency's first perfected (successful) FOIA request
* Copies of other FOIA requests filed before the FOIA request described above
* Processing notes, search slips and response documents regarding the FOIA requests described above
* The first set of guidelines, instructions and/or forms created to control the agency's processing of FOIA requests
* A copy of the agency's first successful FOIA appeal
* Copies of other FOIA appeals received by the agency before the appeal described above
* Processing notes, search slips and response documents regarding the FOIA appeals described above
* The first set of guidelines, instructions and/or forms created to control the agency's processing of FOIA appeals
The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.
In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 20 business days, as the statute requires.
A fix is required to perfect the request.
Ms. Emma Best,
Thank you for submitting your Freedom of Information Act request.
Any and all correspondences pertaining to your request MUST be sent to the secure server email address at email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org> in order to receive any updates and/or acknowledgements.
Bureau of ATF
99 New York Avenue, NE, 4E-301
Washington, DC 20226
Please provide a good contact number for you in regards to a request we recently received from MuckRock concerning documents generated as part of the creation of the FOIA office.
DARRYL L. WEBB
FOIA LIAISON OFFICER
Office of Public & Government Affairs
Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF)
U.S. Department of Justice
99 New York Avenue NE
Washington, DC 20226
I only communicate about such requests in writing.