|Submitted||May 2, 2016|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To Whom It May Concern:
This is a request under the Freedom of Information Act. I hereby request the following records:
Records and reports and investigative materials relating to the death of a detainee as described in the following article http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/17/world/asia/navy-seal-team-2-afghanistan-beating-death.html and in a September 2012 CIA Inspector General report labelled "Allegation of Possible Complicity of CIA Officer in Killing of Prisoner by US Navy Seal".
The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.
In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 20 business days, as the statute requires.
This message is to confirm your request submission to the FOIAonline application: View Request. Request information is as follows: (https://foiaonline.regulations.gov:443/foia/action/public/view/request?objectId=090004d280c883a9)
* Tracking Number: DON-NAVY-2016-006458
* Requester Name: Michael Best
* Date Submitted: 05/17/2016
* Request Status: Submitted
* Description: Requesting records and reports and investigative materials relating to the death of a detainee as described in the following article http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/17/world/asis/navy-seal-team-2-afghanistan-beating-death.html and in a September 2012 CIA Inspector General report labelled "Allegation of Possible Complicity of CIA Officer in Killing of Prisoner by US Navy Seal".
DON-NAVY-2016-006458 has been processed with the following final disposition: No records.
In response to your Freedom Of Information Act request of May 17, 2016, a search of the Naval Inspector's General investigation database failed to identify any responsive record. It should be noted that the subject matter of your request describes criminal conduct that is beyond the investigative responsibilities of this office. If you believe the search of our database was inadequate you may appeal this decision using the "Create Appeal" link in FOIA ON-LINE.