|Submitted||Oct. 2, 2017|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To Whom It May Concern:
Pursuant to the the Louisiana Public Records Act, I hereby request the following records:
1. Any and all policies, procedures, directives, or equivalent guiding materials regarding the visitation of individuals not in custody of this agency.
2. Any and all policies, procedures, directives, or equivalent guiding materials regarding the use of telephones, video conferencing equipment, or other telecommunications and electronic communication by individuals in the custody of this agency.
3. Any and all open or active bidding or Requests for Proposal regarding the provision, installation, maintenance, or use of telephones, video conferencing equipment, or other electronic communication and telecommunication services.
4. Any and all active contracts regarding the provision, installation, maintenance, or use of telephones, video conferencing equipment, or other electronic communication and telecommunication services. Please include all associated supplemental materials, including any and all attachments and exhibits. Please provide any other materials regarding the terms of service.
5. Any and all financial reports or invoices related to the provision, installation, maintenance, or use of telephones, video conferencing equipment, or other electronic communication and telecommunication services. Please include all usage, commission, and fee reports, providing as much segregable data as possible.
6. All communications for the period from August 1, 2017 through September 30, 2017 between this agency or any representative thereof and any prison telecommunications company or organization, including but not limited to Securus Technologies, Inc. and its subsidiary JPay.
The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.
In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 3 business days, as the statute requires.
I have forwarded this request to Warden Tim Ducote at that Jackson Parish Correctional Center for him to gather this information and forward to you.
Dear Ms. Lipton:
We have been engaged to assist in responding to your Public Records Request directed to the Jackson Parish Sheriff's Office, dated Oct. 2, 2017. It is anticipated that the response will be emailed to you by the end of the day tomorrow. Thanks for your patience. H. Bradford Calvit
H. Bradford Calvit
PROVOSTY, SADLER & deLAUNAY APC
P.O. Drawer 1791
934 Third Street
Telephone (318) 767-3133
Facsimile (318) 445-9377
[Featured 4.6 Peer Review Rated Lawyer Icon][http://www3.ambest.com/DPSDirectorySearch/MMShow.ashx?mmid=10528]
This e-mail is from a law firm, Provosty, Sadler & deLaunay APC and is intended solely for the person addressed. If you believe you received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately, delete the e-mail and do not copy or disclose it to anyone. If you are not an existing client of the firm, this e-mail does not make you a client unless it specifically says so, and you should not disclose anything to the firm in reply that you expect to be held in confidence. If you properly received this e-mail as a client, co-counsel or retained expert of the firm, please maintain its contents in confidence to preserve the attorney-client or work product privilege that may be available to protect confidentiality. Pursuant to La. C.C.P. art 1313A(4) this email address is not designated for receipt of service.
Good afternoon, Ms. Lipton,
Please see attached correspondence from Mr. Calvit regarding your public records request to the Jackson Parish Sheriff's Office.
Legal Assistant to Joseph J. Bailey
Provosty, Sadler, & deLaunay, APC
934 3rd Street, Suite 800
Post Office Drawer 1791
Alexandria, LA 71309-1791
Direct dial number: (318) 767-3119
Facsimile: (318) 767-9619
Thanks so much for your letter. I look forward to receiving the contract and appreciate your help thus far. I'm wondering if the wording of element 1 of my request was a bit unclear. I'm interested in any policies dictating when and how family and friends might visit the incarcerated; are there any existing rules?
Thanks so much for your time.
Attached please find correspondence regarding the above referenced matter.
Legal Assistant to
H. Bradford Calvit
Provosty, Sadler & deLaunay, APC
P. O. Box 1791
Alexandria, LA 71309
(Phone) : (318) 445-3150
(Facsimile): (318) 767-9650