|Submitted||April 25, 2017|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To Whom It May Concern:
Pursuant to Florida's Sunshine Law (Fla. Stat. secs. 119.01 to 119.15 (1995)), I hereby request the following records:
Any and all statistics, data, reports, audits, policies, and procedures pertaining to the following items regarding sexual assault evidence collection (SAEC) kits (also known as "rape kits") and processing:
• all standard operating procedures regarding the SAEC process
• any written policies or procedures regarding department practices on the acquisition of or handling of rape kit evidence, including protocols for its collection, testing, and delegation and transfer to all other possibly relevant locations, laboratories, or agencies
• the number of kits collected and booked into evidence from the period of January 1, 2000 through the date this request is processed
• the number of kits that have been processed by a public or private crime or forensic laboratory or equivalent processing location from the period of January 1, 2000 through the date this request is processed
• the number of unprocessed kits in any storage facilities currently under the department’s jurisdiction and control, including those held by medical personnel or at external laboratory locations
• any materials regarding the status or ultimate disposition of cases in which a kit was collected. Please include all available segregable data.
• all audits involving this agency regarding the collection or backlog of SAEC kits
• all proposed alterations or yet-to-be-implemented changes to the policies and procedures regarding the collection, testing, and use of SAEC kits
If there any questions about this request, please feel free to call us at the MuckRock office at 617-299-1832.
The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.
In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 3 business days, as the statute requires.
I have received your records request, we will start gathering the information that is public records, and I will get back with you as soon as its ready. Please be aware that there may be a charge with this request.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
To whom it may concern:
I have been told by the evidence department that on this request that it was going to take some time to gather information ( Man Power ) And that it could take at least up to six hours to gather. By law am required to give you a heads up on the charging fees. So in this case if it take the 6 hours to gather the information the charge per hour is $16.94 in which that would be an estimated cost of $ 101.00, this does not include any redacted that may need to be made after pulled therefore it could cost more than the $101.00. Please let me know if you would like for us to continue on this records request. We will also not send the request until the payment has been made.
This is the first request that you sent over? Before the firearm
I NEVER HEARD ANYTHIGN BACK FROM YOU ON THIS REQUEST. Would you like for use to still gather the information for you!?!?! The costis still estimated as of now at least $100.00 and could be more.
Yes please. Thank you.
Please find enclosed your invoice for your records request. Please let me know if you have any questions, or if we can further assist.
Once we receive payment I will be happy to email the information/ request to you via this email unless you want it sent another way.