|Submitted||Oct. 20, 2019|
|Due||Nov. 18, 2019|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To Whom It May Concern:
Pursuant to the Freedom of Information Act, I hereby request the following records:
All records of the DOJ task order contract announced in 2002 awarded to Ernst & Young and Giuliani-Kerik LLC, to provide "comprehensive management review and to develop performance and accountability standards" to the Organized Crime Drug Enforcement Task Force.
A PDF copy of the press release announcing the award is attached for reference.
This request seeks the primary source materials of the acquisition/procurement process for this award. This is in the public interest in reviewing how the DOJ contracting process worked in this award, and not the work of the award itself. Please exclude the reports Giuliani-Kerik and Ernst & Young submitted as a result of the award. Instead, please include materials in preparation for the task order, the task order itself, and any decisions through the closing of the task order contract.
In explicit terms, please include any and all of the following where applicable (not exclusively)
* Records of authorization from the Attorney General and/or his subordinates leading to the solicitation;
* Records of preparation for the solicitation (problem statements, scoping documents, authorization for any solicitation process such as Request for Bid, Request for Expression of Interest, or Request for Proposal) including any appendices or comments;
* Records of bidding or proposal (lists of bidders or document-holders, scoping documents, bidder conference notes, etc.);
* Records of estimates of the award, including estimated budgets.
* Records of the executed task order contract (such as a "punch list" of work orders under the award), including appendices and supplemental materials;
* Records of requests for qualifications/certifications from vendors for task orders (such as a list of requirements) including any fulfillment of such requests (completed questionnaires or submitted qualification/certifications);
* Records of actual costs incurred under the award, for the prime contractors and subcontractors, including invoices, billings, vouchers or use of financing in any form;
* Records of schedules, such as deadlines and milestones, and requests for proofs of work and their fulfillment.
* Records of payment or authorization of payment (such as vouchers);
* Records of dispute resolutions under this award.
* Records of amendments to the task order contract and their resolution;
* Records of any relevant DOJ decision-making, such as decisions to increase or decrease the scope of the task order, and decisions to increase or decrease the time schedule of the task order;
* Records of any item referred to an external authority (such as the OIG) pertaining to any possible fraud or malfeasance under the award;
* Records of DOJ any quantitative or qualitative evaluation of work completed, such as a comparison of estimated vs. actual costs, deadlines vs. actual work completion dates, and evaluation of the work performed by prime vendors or subcontractors.
If any potentially responsive records have been destroyed and/or transferred to NARA, then I request copies of the destruction or transfer slips as well as any other documentation relating to, mentioning or describing said transfer or destruction, to include but not be limited to confirmation that the Bureau has no other copies of said records.
The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.
In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 20 business days, as the statute requires.
This message is to confirm your request submission to the FOIAonline application: View Request. Request information is as follows: (https://www.foiaonline.gov/foiaonline/action/public/submissionDetails?trackingNumber=DOJ-2020-000342&type=request)
* Tracking Number: DOJ-2020-000342
* Requester Name: T McElwee
* Date Submitted: 10/21/2019
* Request Status: Submitted