|Submitted||March 28, 2016|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To Whom It May Concern:
This is a request under the Freedom of Information Act. I hereby request the following records:
• The manual that this FOIA office uses to process FOIA requests, or, if no manual exists, other guiding documentation/protocols for processing Freedom of Information Requests.
• All guides to agency Freedom of Information Act request regulations (For reference, see the Department of Justice's Guidance on FOIA Regulations [https://www.justice.gov/oip/oipguidance/guidanceagencyfoiaregulations] and the associated template [https://www.justice.gov/oip/templateagencyfoiaregulations])
• All guidelines and regulations regarding the submission and processing of appeals, including but not limited to:
- The appropriate person or position to whom an appeal should be submitted
- The appropriate address to which an appeal should be submitted
- Any appropriate fax numbers and email addresses available for the submission of appeals All guidelines regarding the processing time and procedures for appeals
- All rights related to the submission of appeals, including those related to appeal rights for constructive denial
If any responses include direction to an online location or similarly publicly-available material, please provide direct links or file downloads.
The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.
In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 20 business days, as the statute requires.
To Whom It May Concern:
I wanted to follow up on the following Freedom of Information request, copied below, and originally submitted on March 28, 2016. Please let me know when I can expect to receive a response, or if further clarification is needed.
Thanks for your help, and let me know if further clarification is needed.
Ms. Weth! Hello!
Thanks so much for following up on this. I apologize for having missed your
other emails, and I really appreciate your concern regarding the submission
and receipt of requests. This request was submitted to your office via fax
at the number (202) 273-3642. It is the fax number we've used successfully
in the past, and it appears to still be listed on your website. Does there
happen to be an email address that we might be able to use for electronic
submissions from MuckRock?
For reference and record-keeping, I've cc'ed the email address specific to
this MuckRock request; each MuckRock request has a specific email address
associated with it as a means of facilitating accurate records.
Again, I very much appreciate you reaching out on this, and I'm sorry that
NLRB's response wasn't registered as timely within the tournament context,
but I am pleased to hear that you thought it as fun an opportunity as we
Thanks so much, and I really hope you have a wonderful weekend.
The fax number is absolutely correct. I will investigate the situation.
The NLRB does not have a FOIA email address for filing electronically. Requests can be filed electronically using our E-FOIA Request Form located at: https://www.nlrb.gov/news-outreach/foia/e-foia-request-form. If you have any questions or need to check the status of a FOIA request, please do not hesitate to contact me directly via phone or email.
Thank you for the information regarding the specific MuckRock email addresses for each request.
I enjoyed following the FOIA Madness tournament. If you do it next year, I look forward to it!
Have a wonderful weekend.
Dear Ms. Lipton,
Today, I noticed on your website that the NLRB FOIA request status is listed as "Awaiting Response." Please see the link below.
Please find attached the final response dated April 21, 2016 and April 22, 2016.
Please contact me if you have any questions or concerns.
P.S. I enjoyed the reading the March Madness Recap!
Patricia A. Weth
National Labor Relations Board (NLRB)
Division of Legal Counsel
1015 Half Street, SE, Room 4035B
Washington, D.C. 20570
TEL (202) 273-2929
Connect with the NLRB on:
You may submit FOIA request(s) online through this link at http://www.nlrb.gov/news-outreach/foia/e-foia-request-form.