|Submitted||May 19, 2021|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
Director of Records Management
Tennessee Department of Corrections
320 Sixth Avenue North
To Lori Priest:
Pursuant to the Tennessee Public Records Act, I hereby request the following records:
– Those which include time and date of all instances of death occurring in the offender population between January 2000 and December 2020.
– Those which indicate the total number of individuals in Tennessee Department of Corrections (TDOC) custody who died by any cause, separated monthly, from January 2000 to December 2020.
– Monthly population records that include the total number of deaths occurring among people in the custody of the TDOC between January 2000 and December 2020.
– Final reports of death for all individuals in TDOC custody who died between January 2000 and December 2020.
Additionally, I am requesting an opportunity to inspect or obtain copies of any and all TDOC policies, regulations, and procedures, pertaining to...
– Investigations of in-custody deaths.
– Requirements for the performance of an autopsy or post-mortem medical examination of individuals who die while in TDOC custody.
– The reporting of in-custody deaths to other governmental agencies.
– Next-of-kin notification in the event of in-custody deaths.
The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.
In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not. However, we respectfully request a waiver of these fees as we are affiliated with an educational or noncommercial scientific institution, and this request is made for a scholarly or scientific purpose and not for a commercial use.
If you choose to deny this request, please provide a written explanation for the denial including a reference to the specific statutory exemption(s) upon which you rely. Also, please provide all segregable portions of otherwise exempt material.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter.
Policy Director, COVID Prison Project
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Office: (919) 391-7962
340 MacNider Hall | Campus Box 7240
333 South Columbia Street
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-7240
Dear Forrest Behne,
Thank you for registering with the Tennessee Department of Correction Request Center. Please log in to the Request Center to update any contact or password information and to track the progress of your request.
If you have never used this system or cannot remember your password you may request a temporary password here (https://u8387778.ct.sendgrid.net/ls/click?upn=6HtRfOYLt5fXvpttM-2FU1Hb34YtN-2B1MFPxzHVyTLs5aNQOBbwMD0Y5gNmJPMJHtk4nLMpkfW6fA-2Fqv-2Bb4aS5lxWUZdHwjYY1TSBBUkUk0qhI-3Dtnwk_D-2FfqtBA1KnMArinPT-2Flpp-2FVJEZKE1MHW2WcWhOy-2FPPd2cEhvCzCadLI0TP9rx-2FaumnsnsAi9IN83eRK4s7zmtSxH5eGDz80RhGXv7oi6sJh-2Fdpeil78672YVz7fbOHhjsj7yaeW9HQRdq0eNGB56yHfB-2B9t5omBOSanxkJzB1w0Cd-2BcdR33ZRX5P9hCZOACf0J3B5phL-2FNqEysafMaC9iKTmvdvmP5l073fXvbkxbMhAh25wt2y1w-2B1kAJM37-2BVo)
This is an auto-generated email and has originated from an unmonitored email account. Please DO NOT REPLY.
There are no files associated with this request.