|Submitted||May 24, 2012|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
Dear Director Renault-Caragianes,
Pursuant to the state Freedom of Information Act, G.L.M. c.66, §10, I hereby request the following records:
Please provide the full listing of criteria used to approve restaurants for listing in the Shape Up Approved campaign.
I also request that, if appropriate, fees be waived as we believe this request is in the public interest, as suggested but not stipulated by the recommendations of the Massachusetts Supervisor of Public Records. The requested documents will be made available to the general public free of charge as part of the public information service at MuckRock.com, processed by a representative of the news media/press and is made in the process of news gathering and not for commercial usage.
In the event that fees cannot be waived, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 10 business days, as the statute requires.
Community Access Project
Per your request for public records seeking the full listing of criteria used to approve restaurants for listing in the Shape Up Approved campaign I am forwarding you two documents as attachments:.
1) The Sole Source Request and Declaration from the Health Department as to Mary Marshall, a nutrition counselor, Shape Up Somerville Approved healthy restaurant program
2) The Shape Up Approved Campaign brochure.
Currently approximately 40 restaurants have taken part in the Shape Up Approved Campaign. The following are the steps involved in joining the program:
• Restaurant signs on.
• Shape Up Somerville nutritionist analyzes restaurant menu and identifies menu items that meet nutrition guidelines.
• Shape Up Somerville nutritionist verifies food preparation methods and ingredients with restaurant chef;
• Shape Up Somerville graphic designer produces point of purchase prompts for healthy menu items;
• Shape Up Somerville Coordinator assists restaurant owner/staff in displaying new materials;
• Shape Up Somerville Coordinator follows up periodically with restaurant owner to assist in program implementation and maintenance
Director, City of Somerville Health Department
City Hall Annex
50 Evergreen Avenue
Somerville MA 02145
V 617.625.6600 ext 4310
Questions? Call 311 or visit somervillema.gov
This transmission is confidential and intended solely for the person or organization to whom it is addressed. It may contain privileged and confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not copy, distribute or take any action in reliance on it.
If you believe you received this transmission in error, please notify the sender.
P Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail