|Multi Request||Sheriff's Use of Force/Complaints Data|
|Submitted||June 3, 2019|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To Whom It May Concern:
Pursuant to the California Public Records Act, I hereby request the following records:
1. The total number of sheriff's deputy use of force incidents, broken down by type of force used, between 2013-2018 (separated by year).
2. The total number of people that deputies used force against, between 2013-2018 (separated by year).
3. The total number of use of force complaints reported between 2013-2018 (separated by year).
4. The total number of use of force complaints sustained between 2013-2018 (separated by year).
5. The policy manual of the sheriff's department.
6. The current union contract between the city and any sheriff's deputy/police officer unions.
The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.
In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 10 calendar days, as the statute requires.
As I process your PRA request I'm looking for some clarification as to # 6 of your request. Sheriff's Deputies work for the County of Shasta not the City of Redding, are you looking for the contract between deputies and the County?
Yes, the contract between the *county* and the deputies' union.
I requesting an extension for the request below. This is due to the voluminous nature of the request and the amount documents that need to be searched. If you would accept a partial response to your request for documents that can be obtained relatively quickly, I can have the response to you next week.
Please let me know if this is acceptable.
To Whom It May Concern:
I wanted to follow up on the following California Public Records Act request, copied below, and originally submitted on June 3, 2019. Please let me know when I can expect to receive a response.
Thanks for your help, and let me know if further clarification is needed.
To Whom It May Concern,
On 6/17/2019 I sent an email requesting an extension, as parts of the request are voluminous in nature. I also asked if you would accept a partial response for the documents that can be obtained relatively quickly, but I hadn't received a response.
Please let me know if a partial response at this time is agreeable.
Hi, sure please send the partial information for now while you process the remaining aspects of the request.
Please see the attached response.