|Multi Request||Email retention policies|
|Submitted||Feb. 17, 2023|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To Whom It May Concern:
Pursuant to the California Public Records Act, I hereby request the following records:
Hello, pursuant to California's Public Records Act, I am looking for the following:
1. The District Attorney's general retention period for emails. I will accept a plain and simple explanation of the email retention period in lieu of production for this numbered item.
2. The District Attorney's office current policies and guidelines related to records management, retention, and disposition.
3. The current, complete Master Records Schedule for the District Attorney's office, or equivalent master index of records.
4. The most recent version of California State form STD. 70 (Records Inventory Worksheet) for the District Attorney's office
5. The current Department Retention File plan for the District Attorney's office, or equivalent documents
6. All in-house requests to delete or destroy records for the dates Sep 1, 2022 through Feb 17, 2023
7. Information sufficient to determine how the DA's office performs email searches when searching for public records. I would like to understand what kinds of keyword searches can be performed, especially advanced or so-called "boolean" searches.
8. Information sufficient to determine the technical limitations of the aforementioned system(s) for searching emails when it comes to searching and exporting results, such as the maximum number of records that can be exported for a single search and the maximum file size that can be exported for a single search.
9. Information sufficient to determine the processes and tools used by the DA's office to redact sensitive information before returning records. I do not need policy documents that explain the legal bases for redacting; only the records that explain HOW redaction is carried out.
For numbered items 7, 8, and 09, production should include, without limitation, technical manuals, vendor documentation, trainings, FAQs, and tutorials.
If any of these items are maintained in electronic format, that's the format I need them in.
This request is made for noncommercial purposes and in the public interest.
The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.
In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 10 calendar days, as the statute requires.
To Whom It May Concern:
I wanted to follow up on the following California Public Records Act request, copied below, and originally submitted on Feb. 21, 2023. Please let me know when I can expect to receive a response.
Thanks for your help, and let me know if further clarification is needed.
Attached please find correspondence and a responsive document concerning your CPRA request.