|Submitted||June 12, 2022|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To Whom It May Concern:
Pursuant to the California Public Records Act, I hereby request the following records:
1. the total number of use of force incidents, separated by type of force and year used in 2021 (for example, information that specifies the number of taser incidents in 2021, baton incidents in 2021, etc.)
2. the total number of civilian complaints alleging any form of law enforcement misconduct that were reported and the total number sustained in 2021.
3. the total number of civilian complaints alleging law enforcement use of excessive force that were reported and the total number sustained in 2021.
4. the total number of civilian complaints alleging biased policing or racial profiling that were reported and the total number sustained in 2021.
5. the total number of civilian complaints alleging criminal conduct that were reported and the total number sustained in 2021.
6. the total number of officer involved shootings in 2021, both fatal and non-fatal.
When available, I would appreciate being sent individualized data for each item in this request in spreadsheet format. If individualized data are unavailable, please send information that includes aggregate statistics for the item instead.
Note that my requests for civilian complaints are specifically for civilian complaints alleging police misconduct, please do not include complaints filed by one officer/the department against another officer.
The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.
In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 10 calendar days, as the statute requires.
To Whom It May Concern:
I wanted to follow up on the following California Public Records Act request, copied below, and originally submitted on June 12, 2022. Please let me know when I can expect to receive a response.
Thanks for your help, and let me know if further clarification is needed.
Please see attached.