It is a clone of this request.
|Submitted||July 19, 2018|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To Whom It May Concern:
Pursuant to the Oregon Public Records Law, I hereby request the following records from your office for the period of January 1, 2015 to the date of this letter:
1. The number and types of Facial Recognition software licenses or Facial Recognition-enabled equipment in place with the Oregon State Police (OSP). Please specify if software has been purchased or if services are performed by outside contractors for the OSP. Please include pilot or testing programs within the scope of this request.
2. Any documents or correspondence during the period encompassing this request regarding possible or planned acquisition of Facial Recognition software packages, Facial Recognition-enabled equipment, or service agreements.
3. Any existing or proposed policies regarding the use of Facial Recognition software or Facial Recognition-enabled equipment, including protocols, training documents, data storage procedures, data sharing policies, and prohibited activities. Please also include the legal standard (e.g. probable cause, court order, relevance, consent), if any, that is required before using this technology.
4. Any current or past litigation involving or referencing the OSP related to the use of Facial Recognition software or Facial Recognition-enabled equipment.
5. Reports to any oversight bodies related to the use of Facial Recognition software or Facial Recognition-enabled equipment.
The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.
In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request be filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter.
I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 10 business days.
An acknowledgement letter, stating the request is being processed.
Please see the attached document(s) related to your request for records.
Central Records Section
Oregon State Police
3565 Trelstad Ave SE
Salem, OR 97317-9614
Phone: (503) 934-0168
To provide premier public safety services.
This e-mail may contain information that is privileged, confidential, or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the addressee or it appears from the context or otherwise that you have received this e-mail in error, please advise me immediately by reply e-mail, keep the contents confidential, and immediately delete the message and any attachments from your system.
Thank you for your help and fast response!