|Submitted||Aug. 19, 2021|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To Whom It May Concern:
Pursuant to the Florida Sunshine Law, I hereby request the following records:
1. the total number of use of force incidents reported by law enforcement, separated by year and by type of force used from 2013-2020 (for example: 27 taser incidents in 2019, 34 taser incidents in 2020, 6 baton incidents in 2019, 3 baton incidents in 2020, etc.)
2. the total number of civilian complaints alleging any form of law enforcement misconduct that were reported and the total number sustained from 2013-2020, separated by year (for example: 8 complaints in 2016, 2 complaints sustained in 2016, 4 complaints in 2017, 1 complaint sustained in 2017, etc.)
3. the total number of civilian complaints alleging law enforcement use of excessive force that were reported and the total number sustained from 2013-2020, separated by year.
4. the total number of civilian complaints alleging biased policing or racial profiling that were reported and the total number sustained from 2013-2020, separated by year.
5. the total number of civilian complaints alleging criminal conduct that were reported and the total number sustained from 2013-2020, separated by year.
6. all information reported to the FBI’s National Use-of-Force Data Collection program to date.
7. a list of all officer involved shootings that were directed at a person from 2013-2020 (excluding shootings of animals and accidental discharges that are not directed at a person).
If only partial information is available responsive to one or more of these requests, please provide all of the information that is available.
The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.
In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 10 business days.
Thank you for submitting a request for records.
Your request security key is 954055.
Your request reference number is Request Number: PDRR2021-3817.
Please have this security key and reference number available when communicating with our staff regarding your request.
Note: This is an automated email notification. Please do not respond to this email.
The results of your Law Enforcement Public Records Request, and payment receipt if applicable, are now available at the following link: Request Number: PDRR2021-3817. Your documents will be available at the bottom of the portal once you enter your request number (in all capital letters) and your security key.
Request Number: PDRR2021-3817
Security Key: 954055
If you require additional information or have any questions, please contact our office at 407-847-0176. This request is now complete, and any responses to this email will not be received.
City of Kissimmee Police Department