Texas Police Data Collection (Irving Police Department)
|Submitted||Aug. 17, 2021|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
From: Samuel Sinyangwe
To Whom It May Concern:
Pursuant to the Texas Public Information Act, I hereby request the following records:
1. the total number of use of force incidents reported by the police department, separated by year and by type of force used in 2020 (for example: 15 taser incidents in 2020, 18 baton incidents in 2020, etc.)
2. the total number of civilian complaints alleging any form of law enforcement misconduct that were reported and the total number sustained from 2018-2020, separated by year (for example: 8 complaints in 2018, 2 complaints sustained in 2018, 4 complaints in 2019, 1 complaint sustained in 2019, etc.)
3. the total number of civilian complaints alleging law enforcement use of excessive force that were reported and the total number sustained from 2018-2020, separated by year.
4. the total number of civilian complaints alleging biased policing or racial profiling that were reported and the total number sustained from 2018-2020, separated by year.
5. the total number of civilian complaints alleging criminal conduct that were reported and the total number sustained from 2018-2020, separated by year.
6. a list of all officer involved shootings that were directed at a person from 2013-2020 (excluding shootings of animals and accidental discharges that are not directed at a person).
7. all information reported to the FBI’s National Use-of-Force Data Collection program to date.
If only partial information is available responsive to one or more of these requests, please provide all of the information that is available.
The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.
In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 10 business days, as the statute requires.
From: Muckrock Staff
To Whom It May Concern:
I wanted to follow up on the following Texas Public Information Act request, copied below, and originally submitted on Aug. 17, 2021. Please let me know when I can expect to receive a response.
Thanks for your help, and let me know if further clarification is needed.
From: Irving Police Department
Attached is information responsive to your request. requested data for 2019 and 2020. 2018 was provided to you in a past request.
Lauren Gilmette | Legal Assistant
City of Irving |Irving Police Department
305 N. O'Connor Rd. Irving, TX 75061
P: (972) 721-2555 F: (972) 721-2505