|Submitted||June 8, 2020|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To Whom It May Concern:
Pursuant to the North Carolina Public Records Law, I hereby request the following records:
Records and materials related to the solicitation, acquisition, and use of non-lethal weapons, otherwise known as “less-lethal weapons, less-than-lethal weapons, non-deadly weapons, pain-inducing weapons, and/or compliance weapons. Please include records and materials specifically referencing the solicitation, acquisition, and use of crowd-control/suppression agents and/or riot-control/suppression agents in gas, spray, or projectile form – including but not limited to: malodorants, psychoactive agents, and/or tear gas. Please also include records and materials specifically mentioning or related to directed energy weapons – including but not limited to: acoustic/sonic, electromagnetic, laser, and/or microwave based weapons – for purposes of crowd/riot control or suppression and all other law enforcement duties.
Responsive materials include but are not limited to:
• Agreements: contracts (including non-disclosure agreements), licensing agreements, nondisclosure agreements
• Bid records: Requests For Proposal (or equivalent calls for bids), sole source or limited source justification and approval documentation, documentation of selection, and other materials generated in the consideration and selection of the technology in question
• Company relations and communications: records related to meetings or follow-up actions with any vendors, companies, or other private entities marketing the aforementioned weapons and chemical agents to this agency.
• Financial records: purchase orders, invoices, and other memoranda and documentation.
• Marketing records: All marketing materials - unsolicited, requested, or otherwise - acquired from vendors of the aforementioned weapons and chemical agents.
• Training records: training material governing the use of the above weapons and chemical agents.
The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.
In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 10 business days.
There are no files associated with this request.