|Submitted||March 9, 2018|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To Whom It May Concern:
Pursuant to the Illinois Freedom of Information Act (5 ILCS 140/1 to 11), I hereby request the following records:
• All records regarding the purchase of, acquisition of, installation of, subscription to, payment for, or agreements concerning software designed to access information from social media services
• Any and all contracts (as well as all associated amendments, exhibits, and materials), memoranda of understanding, and other equivalent agreements entered into by this agency with any software or equipment company providing services related to social media surveillance, including but not limited to:
• Intrado Inc.
• Magnet Forensics
• Media Sonar
• Signal Corporation
Responsive materials should include but not be limited to:
• the initial Invitation to Bid, Request for Proposal, or equivalent call for contractors
• the responsive materials provided by the winning bidder
• other bidder responses
• the current contract
• all exhibits
• all amendments
• all performance work statements
• all deliverables inventories
• all invoices related to the deliverance of software, services, or goods
Please also include:
• All records that contain any information about the functioning of software designed to access information from social media services that is used or has been used by this agency
• All records regarding correspondence about or with a company that offers software designed to access information from social media services, including but not limited to all correspondence about or with the companies Brightplanet, Geofeedia, Intrado Inc, LifeRaft, Magnet Forensics, Media Sonar, Signal Corporation, and ZeroFOX;
• All policies related to the acquisition and use of social media by individual officers and representatives of this agency, including all records regarding the policies that govern access to or use of software designed to access information from social media services
• All training materials and all records used to instruct members of your agency in the proper use of software designed to access information from social media services or of the information such software is capable of accessing
• All records regarding the sharing with entities outside this agency of information obtained from or obtained by using software designed to access information from social media services
• All policies related to the acquisition and use of social media surveillance software by individual officers and representatives of this agency
• All records referencing social media profiles, comments, posts, messages, or events accessed or retained from social media services through use of software designed o access information from social media services
• All materials related to the use of any other social media platform, including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Nextdoor, etc.
The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.
In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 5 business days, as the statute requires.
Lucy Parsons Labs
Your first Evanston record request (request number 18-230) has been submitted. It is currently unpublished and is not available for the general public to view.
Department assignment for records request 18-230 has changed: Added: Information Technology (IT), City Manager.
Department assignment for records request 18-230 has changed: Added: Police.
A message is now available for you to see for records request 18-230:
Your request has been closed.
[Document Released to Requester] Evanston public records request 18-230
-- Write ABOVE THIS LINE to post a message that will be sent to staff. --
Evanston Public Records (https://click.pstmrk.it/2sm/evanston.nextrequest.com/ts8mVAE/DbEk/P5Vx35WOXu/cmVxdWVzdGVyX2RvY3VtZW50X3JlbGVhc2Vk)
Documents have been released to you for record request #18-230:
* Geofeedia Agreement 2014.pdf
View Request #18-230 (https://click.pstmrk.it/2m/evanston.nextrequest.com%2Frequests%2F18-230/t88mVAE/DbEk/leGrI7jtPM/cmVxdWVzdGVyX2RvY3VtZW50X3JlbGVhc2Vk)
Too many emails? (https://click.pstmrk.it/2sm/evanston.nextrequest.com%2Fsettings/uM8mVAE/DbEk/vbiDDBTC51/cmVxdWVzdGVyX2RvY3VtZW50X3JlbGVhc2Vk) Change your email settings here Trouble with the request button? Copy the URL below into your web browser:
Questions about your request? Reply to this email or sign in to contact staff at Evanston.
Technical support: See our help page (https://click.pstmrk.it/2sm/www.nextrequest.com%2Fsupport/uc8mVAE/DbEk/sn78pzzDnz/cmVxdWVzdGVyX2RvY3VtZW50X3JlbGVhc2Vk)
Powered by NextRequest (https://click.pstmrk.it/2sm/www.nextrequest.com/us8mVAE/DbEk/--yQHUncfM/cmVxdWVzdGVyX2RvY3VtZW50X3JlbGVhc2Vk)