|Submitted||March 17, 2017|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To Whom It May Concern:
Pursuant to the Illinois Freedom of Information Act (5 ILCS 140/1 to 11), I hereby request the following records:
- Documents concerning IMSI catchers or any of the following words: "Stingray", "cell site simulator", or "dirtbox". including:
- Contracts with the Harris Corporation regarding the acquisition of their Stingray or KingFish IMSI catchers
- Department policies and procedure regarding the use of IMSI catcher technology
- Policies and procedures on the keeping of statistics about the Department's use and acquisition of IMSI catchers
- All court orders for any instances in which DuPage County Sheriff Police deployed IMSI Catchers
- All formal or informal policies, procedures, orders, directives, or other such records that pertain to when, why, where, how, and by whom IMSI Catchers may be deployed
- All records discussing the constitutionality of deploying IMSI Catchers
The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.
In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 5 business days, as the statute requires.
Please see the attached for your response.
DuPage County Sheriff's Office
Records Division Supervisor