|Multi Request||California police data|
|Submitted||July 16, 2019|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To Whom It May Concern:
Pursuant to the California Public Records Act, I hereby request the following records:
1. The total number of police uses of force in 2018, broken down by type of force used (i.e. number of uses of tasers, number of uses of baton, etc.)
2. The total number of use of force complaints reported by civilians in 2018
3. The total number of use of force complaints reported by civilians that were sustained in 2018
4. All arrests data reported to the California Department of Justice via the Monthly Arrests and Citation Register program covering arrests made in 2017 and 2018, including (but not limited to) the age, race/ethnicity, gender, offense category (felony, misdemeanor, status offense), charge and disposition of arrestees.
The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.
In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 10 calendar days, as the statute requires.
Mr. Samuel Sinyangwe,
Reference your request, I have provided you with the following information:
Item #1 - see attached
Item #2 - 1
Item #3- 0
Item #4- see attached statistics for 2017 and 2018
Any questions you can call me directly.
Silvia C. Hernandez
Corona Police Department
730 Public Safety Way
Corona, CA 92880
(951) 279-3682 Fax (951) 279-3579
We strive to provide excellent community service-
Please tell us how we're doing at police.admin@CoronaCA.gov<mailto:police.admin@CoronaCA.gov>