Job Applications (Columbus Division of Police)

Michael Topper filed this request with the Columbus Division of Police of Columbus, OH.
Multi Request Job Applications
Est. Completion None
Fix Required


From: Michael Topper

To Whom It May Concern:

Pursuant to the Ohio Open Records Law, I hereby request the following records:

All completed job applications from prospective applicants to the police department dating from January 1, 2014 to July 1, 2021. In particular I am looking for (but not restricted to) the following information from each applicant: date application received and/or processed, application unique identifier (if exists), gender/sex (if exists), race (if exists), and any resume/CV/cover letters attached. However, any and all information of the applicantion that is available is most preferred.

The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.

In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.

Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 10 business days.


Michael Topper

From: Columbus Division of Police

Good morning,

Please contact the Columbus Civil Service Commission for the requested records.


The Public Records Unit


From: Michael Topper


Thanks for this response. Is there a particular email address that I can use to contact them? There appears to be no clear-cut way to make a request after a quick Google search.



From: Columbus Division of Police

Good day Mr. Topper,

The following is the only contact information we have for the Civil Service Commission.

The Civil Service Commission's telephone number is 614-645-8300.

You may also contact the City's 311 information line at 614-645-3111, for additional information on how to make contact with The Civil Service Commission.


The Public Records Unit