Change of Gender

Jane Nevins filed this request with the California Secretary of State of California.
Est. Completion None
No Responsive Documents


From: Jane Nevins

To Whom It May Concern:

Pursuant to the California Public Records Act (California Government Code ยงยง 6250), I hereby request the following records:

How many people change their gender on their birth certificate each year in California?

The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.

In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.

Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 10 calendar days, as the statute requires.


Jane Nevins

From: Secretary of State, Constituent Affairs

Dear Ms. Nevins:

Thank you for contacting the Secretary of State with your request for information related to birth certificate records.

The Secretary of State's office does not maintain records in the normal course of business which are responsive to your request. California birth, death, marriage and divorce records are maintained by the California Department of Public Health Vital Records. Contact information for the California Department of Public Health can be found online at<>.

We hope this information is helpful to you. If you have questions about this or another matter related to the Secretary of State's office, please contact us again.


Constituent Affairs

Secretary of State