|April 19, 2021
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To Whom It May Concern:
Pursuant to the Texas Public Information Act, I hereby request the following records:
Public reports state that this police department may have partnered with Skydio, a drone company. (https://www.skydio.com/public-safety)
Therefore, I hereby request the following records:
1) All instructional materials, presentations and presentation materials (including recorded video and audio, PowerPoint files, prepared remarks, and slides formats), and other guidance on the use of Skydio (and/or drones in general). This includes A) any notes taken during meetings that discussed the use of Skydio, B) any explanations (whether internally or externally generated) of how Skydio works, and C) any other document that has been used to help explain the use of Skydio, including internal documentation, public relations materials, and executive summaries.
2) A copy of any privacy impact assessments, use policies, standard operating procedures, data retention policies, legal opinions, warranties, non-disclosure agreements, contracts, liability waivers, insurance agreements, Requests for Proposals, Responses to Requests for Proposal, Memorandums of Understanding, Letters of Interest, usage policies, or informal agreements between the police department and Skydio.
3) A copy of any funding opportunity announcements, grant applications and grantor status/progress reports, reports to legislative bodies, annual reports that mention Skydio, as well as audit records, including but not limited to security audits of the software, misuse reports, and reports to oversight bodies.
4) Any digital communications including but not limited to emails and text messages) as well as documents, (including but not limited to PDF, word processing, excel, and slide documents) that mention Skydio.
5) Any case reports in which a Skydio drone was used.
5) Any digital communications (including but not limited to emails and text messages) with Skydio representatives.
Please try to include any other miscellaneous documents that facilitate this police department's relationship with Skydio that don't neatly fall neatly into the above categories.
The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes. It will be used in the course of reporting for Motherboard, VICE’s science and technology website (www.motherboard.vice.com).
The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.
In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 10 business days, as the statute requires.
Thank you for contacting the City of Austin Police Department. Your e-mail has been given the reference number Z006059-042021 for tracking purposes. Your request will be forwarded to the relevant Police departments to locate the information you seek.
If you have submitted a Public Information Request:
An account has been created for you in the Austin Police Department - Public Records Center where you can track and monitor the status of your request, and receive any documents in response to your request. If you have never used this system or cannot remember your password you may request a temporary password here: (https://u8387778.ct.sendgrid.net/ls/click?upn=6HtRfOYLt5fXvpttM-2FU1HeZF9FIb5qGL4Wo8QodmQopMqUwpdc2zK8dClUv4e9rzmYGroaQMxaZF0RqxLpZYPQhvMSjWkHlaybB-2Ftpesv7s-3D7kDz_0cmb-2Fvj3JCGceRzYxfIxqSwHmK6rAjukYKiVu4Tr4RPJwOLLPk3eClGmo8yza5hVOToLI9MqwsZPVA7F50tgrTW3BP9xAktGY7sq-2Fz8lvuKyy0mm8LAOcgPKtzG3VdEJDMlaBlor9deJ2abztNPyn-2BZdGkJHy-2Bj0E9q-2B0LzSF927FTl2CI4Ri11RTtaLUOvsvyiNUL0za511A4dRY2g-2BipLB9cvRb6vdTr8iqwNcupt7yCtubxSmOFr0uRv3ks6BWKnD84Np2e75qIVi2ruBNPeqNJu1xR-2FOEeKM2fMQ-2FRBoGMI1KZmr9Umzt9DK9DWTGC7aQ11tJTzfovEla0cmQGfqhgNogWfr5xi2zt2o0qbUcPLm6ELL68tOEu4P14drBBmJILUSci8Ox8cs9s-2FixQ-3D-3D) Request Temporary Password. (https://u8387778.ct.sendgrid.net/ls/click?upn=6HtRfOYLt5fXvpttM-2FU1HfuZaD9k-2Fo8wPau2MT3JRxQaPXlqiarbSARNAIXDWaFoSWIH7JQbMVdqLKh772IEdwSM67bpI02NVa2aGrzosAI-3DjGc-_0cmb-2Fvj3JCGceRzYxfIxqSwHmK6rAjukYKiVu4Tr4RPJwOLLPk3eClGmo8yza5hVOToLI9MqwsZPVA7F50tgrTW3BP9xAktGY7sq-2Fz8lvuKyy0mm8LAOcgPKtzG3VdEJDMlaBlor9deJ2abztNPyn-2BZdGkJHy-2Bj0E9q-2B0LzSF927FTl2CI4Ri11RTtaLUOvsvyiNUL0za511A4dRY2g-2BipLB9cvRb6vdTr8iqwNcupt7yCtubxSmOFr0uRv3ks6B4uCm1-2Fq07JgvpVcTkltYyqLJ3Ll25Qd-2FigUZGkKKhMSdhZwfckm4dCwIKqxm82n2Pu814rWcN5FaQd21qv-2BdnZvj0bPlE-2Bnl57H9D-2B5PE-2FeAtq7EDZbn6LX2E0DaEHbkXzywFsVUSOA4v-2BJzqqKCVQ-3D-3D)
Please login and go to "My Request Center" to update your account information, track the status of your request and receive requested records when they become available.
Pursuant to the Texas Public Information Act, you will receive communication from the Austin Police Department within 30 business days informing you of one or more of the following:
* The date the information will be available or a copy of the records sought.
* A cost estimate/invoice.
* A letter advising there is no responsive information for your request or that some/all the responsive information may or must be withheld by the Austin Police Department in accordance with the law.
* The need for clarification from you.
Please note your request must ask for records that already exist. The Texas Public Information Act does not require a governmental body to create new information, perform legal research, or answer questions.
You can monitor the status of your request using the "My Request Center" menu option on the left.
For all future requests, you can use the Austin Police Department - Public Records Center to expedite your request. (https://u8387778.ct.sendgrid.net/ls/click?upn=6HtRfOYLt5fXvpttM-2FU1HeZF9FIb5qGL4Wo8QodmQopMqUwpdc2zK8dClUv4e9rzmYGroaQMxaZF0RqxLpZYPQhvMSjWkHlaybB-2Ftpesv7s-3DoQFb_0cmb-2Fvj3JCGceRzYxfIxqSwHmK6rAjukYKiVu4Tr4RPJwOLLPk3eClGmo8yza5hVOToLI9MqwsZPVA7F50tgrTW3BP9xAktGY7sq-2Fz8lvuKyy0mm8LAOcgPKtzG3VdEJDMlaBlor9deJ2abztNPyn-2BZdGkJHy-2Bj0E9q-2B0LzSF927FTl2CI4Ri11RTtaLUOvsvyiNUL0za511A4dRY2g-2BipLB9cvRb6vdTr8iqwNcupt7yCtubxSmOFr0uRv3ks6BAgiJGxX9aVHqy2l-2Fus2ZnIpJjvHupHZGaSL1c-2FcmG-2B23Uvd63zX9ByJu6KZ8a3hRtZVhBSYm7O435T4AmeebRrLH9A8-2FVwokQSUSUkWjgmkeXCNePko8Fxb6mNMjV6kegjw-2Bhe8lOlSxIp9RZ-2Fa5hw-3D-3D)
Again, thank you for contacting the Austin Public Records Center.
To Whom It May Concern:
I wanted to follow up on the following Texas Public Information Act request, copied below, and originally submitted on April 19, 2021. Please let me know when I can expect to receive a response. You had assigned it reference number #Z006059-042021.
Thanks for your help, and let me know if further clarification is needed.
You have responded to an unresponsive email.
Please be advised that if you wish to submit a public records request, update an existing request, or check the status of an already submitted request, you should visit the Public Records Center. (https://u8387778.ct.sendgrid.net/ls/click?upn=6HtRfOYLt5fXvpttM-2FU1HfuZaD9k-2Fo8wPau2MT3JRxS-2BAE3J7IF7eBeE2un-2B0i8GBLKKv9duuYXe4SyPd8QFCA-3D-3DEdf5_0cmb-2Fvj3JCGceRzYxfIxqSwHmK6rAjukYKiVu4Tr4RPJwOLLPk3eClGmo8yza5hVOToLI9MqwsZPVA7F50tgraXW-2F1RObSGacgvT43Nd8Ip2PajPOAx-2FWc02s8yD9IXmmLOqBZAuTY6-2FY2kRNos3VTFrEc8-2BnmPfZPWMPwkfHQj42N1dU9EmSW7iP5q8djRibxCsYxlLSVXlS2noeOwiy2t3zjD6pfzVRDhkGE1QMf-2FFp59RUOb-2Fy2DoeeZISn56c9dYgzAUnDKaQuBUhxfunobPqlnuOf6KPU4-2Fte9MXt3AtKMzIfh36C8l3LW8uId3lgJB6bDGCEtyBlo87OYCBm6Z7-2FmI5zTC8hx1Xug-2BODIgv57FtBikjekTOO9WJH6Gr0ja8VBrTnhS8bPbHzQx2Q-3D-3D)
The City of Austin
This is an auto-generated email and has originated from an unmonitored email account. Please DO NOT REPLY.
--- Please respond above this line ---
I have a duplicate public information request from Jason Koebler at MuckRock. I'm going to proceed with closing out this request. Please let me know if this is a unique request and it can be reopened.
To monitor the progress or update this request please log into the
The request has been rejected, with the agency stating that the information or document(s) requested are exempt from disclosure.