|Submitted||March 10, 2020|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To Whom It May Concern:
Pursuant to the New Jersey Open Public Records Act, I hereby request the following records:
* Any annual, quarterly or semesterly logs or reports that detail how often various school therapy services are provided to students. Please provide logs from the academic year beginning in 2014 through the present.
* Any reports, logs, or other data that tracks average wait times for students who have sought help for mental health issues. Please provide logs from the academic year beginning in 2014 through the present.
* The budget for mental health services for each year beginning in 2014 through the present.
* Any reports, logs, or other data that tracks the number of mental-health related accommodations requested each school year, as well as the outcomes of those accommodation requests. Please provide records beginning in 2014 through the present.
* Any and all policies related to mental health, including but not limited to policies governing leaves of absence (voluntary and involuntary) for students, as well as any logs or reports that note the voluntary and involuntary leaves of absences students have taken each year since 2014.
I also request that, if appropriate, fees be waived as I believe this request is in the public interest. The requested documents will be made available to the general public free of charge and is not for commercial usage.
In the event that fees cannot be waived, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not. If these records exist in electronic format, I request that those electronic records be provided (not, for instance, that those electronic records be printed then digitized to create images of the printouts).
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 5 business days, as the statute requires.
The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.
In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 7 business days, as the statute requires.
To whom it may concern:
This is in response to your OPRA request received March 16, 2020.
Warren County Community College does not offer mental health services. We are a small community college that refers students to regional organizations.
As an open access institution, we do not award official leaves of absences as students can be readmitted every semester.
We do not record student accommodations by any category (such as mental health issues). We accommodate students based on the recommendations in the student's supporting documentation.
Students who must take medical leave during the semester can request a medical withdrawal, including special financial considerations. We do not require students to identify the medical issues, so we have no way of knowing the number of students who fall into the category you are requesting.
WCCC has been directed to close due to Covid-19. We will not be able to respond to future OPRA requests until our facilities re-open.
Vice President Finance & Operations
Warren County Community College
Warren County Community College maintains a mission of building a community of learners through accessible, quality learning opportunities designed to meet educational goals and aspirations.
This electronic transmission and all attachments are private and confidential. The information is privileged and intended only for the use of the named addressee(s). If you are not the intended addressee, be advised that any unauthorized disclosure, copying, distribution or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this material is prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify the sender and then destroy it immediately.
There are no files associated with this request.