|Submitted||Oct. 27, 2016|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To Whom It May Concern:
Pursuant to Virginia Freedom of Information Act, I hereby request the following records:
Any and all contracts (as well as all associated amendments, exhibits, and materials), memorandums of understanding, and other equivalent agreements entered into by this agency with Geofeedia LLC or any other social media surveillance software or equipment company (including but not limited to Brightplaent, Geofeedia, Intrado Inc, LifeRaft, Magnet Forensics, Media Sonar, Signal Corporation, and ZeroFOX). Responsive materials should include but not be limited to:
• the initial Invitation to Bid, Request for Proposal, or equivalent call for contractors
• the responsive materials provided by the winning bidder
• other bidder responses
• the current contract
• all exhibits
• all amendments
• all performance work statements
• all deliverables inventories
• all invoices related to the deliverance of software, services, or goods
Please also include:
• all policies related to the acquisition and use of social media use and surveillance by individual officers and representatives of this agency
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 5 business days, as the statute requires.
The Virginia Freedom of Information Act gives Virginia citizens a right to access public records, but it grants no such right to non-Virginians. Thus, VMI is declining response to your request at this time. If you have any questions, or concerns, please feel free to give me a call.
v/r, Lt Col Sean Harrington
SEAN P. HARRINGTON, Lt Col, USAF (Ret) '94
Executive Officer to the Superintendent &
Secretary to the VMI Board of Visitors
(540) 464-7132 (office)
(540) 446-3321 (cell)