|June 22, 2023
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To Whom It May Concern:
Pursuant to the Freedom of Information Act, I hereby request the following records:
OMPF for Frank Bomar including cumulative record of training, history of assignments, military education, transfers and receipts, all military decorations and citations, personnel evaluations, unit awards, Bronze Star Medal citations, commendation medals, deployments South Vietnam.
1) History of Assignments NAVPERS form 601-5
2) Navy Occupational training history NAVPERS 601-4
3) Cumulative transfers and receipts NAVPERS 601-12, administrative remarks
4) Navy Commendation Medal citations
5) Silver Star Medal and Bronze Star Medal award citations
Awards include Bronze Star Medal with Combat V, Navy Commendation Medal with Combat V, Combat Action Ribbon, good conduct medal, Presidential Unit Citation, Navy Unit Commendation, Vietnam Campaign Medal. Service with SEAL TEAM ONE ST-1 Vietnam War 1967 to 1970, PRU Advisor Provincial Reconnaissance Unit, Phoenix Program CIA. Training includes UDTRA training, Basic Airborne School, SERE, Seal team advance training, 5326 Navy SEAL.
Please redact any sensitive information protected in accordance with the Privacy Act of 1974.
The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.
In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 20 business days, as the statute requires.
Please do not respond to the following message. This message has been auto-generated by NPRC.
Confidential information from:
NATIONAL PERSONNEL RECORDS CENTER
1 Archives Drive
St. Louis MO 63138
Thank you for contacting the National Personnel Records Center.
Your request has been completed!
The veteran's last name is BOMAR.
You can download your documents at https://edelivery.archives.gov/
We recommend using the latest version of Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge to access the site.
Your Request Number and Password is 2-28244593605.
It is important that you retain this password to open your documents.
Your documents will be available to download for 30 days.
Contact Customer Service at (314) 801-0800 for questions regarding your request. Please have the request number available.
CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION - If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail you are prohibited from sharing, copying, or otherwise using or disclosing its contents. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and permanently delete this e-mail without reading, forwarding, saving or disclosing its contents.
End of auto-generated message
To Whom It May Concern:
I wanted to follow up on the following Freedom of Information Act request, copied below, and originally submitted on June 22, 2023. Please let me know when I can expect to receive a response.
Thanks for your help, and let me know if further clarification is needed.
This mailbox is not monitored, please do not reply. The information below is provided by auto-reply.
If you are having difficulty accessing your response document(s), please try the basic troubleshooting tips below:
- Password: Enter your request number (including the dash symbol).
- Unable to locate documents: Enter the information EXACTLY as it was provided in the original request. A ZIP code OR phone number (last four) is required. Use the ZIP code OR phone number provided in the original request; otherwise, your response will not be located.
- 30-day expiration: For security reasons, response documents are not accessible after 30 days and a new request will need to be submitted. Requests may be created using our online ordering system at: https://vetrecs.archives.gov/VeteranRequest/home.html
- No computer/laptop/printer: Suggest using resources (public library, family/friends, etc.) to access the eDelivery portal and download your documents. The eDelivery portal is also accessible via your mobile device. Be sure to fully remove downloaded documents from non-personal devices.
If you have already tried the tips outlined above and still require assistance, contact our Customer Service Team at (314) 801-0800 and have your request information available.
There are no files associated with this request.