|Submitted||Aug. 13, 2015|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To Whom It May Concern:
This is a request under the Freedom of Information Act. I hereby request the following records:
The most recent available database of approved and/or ongoing pipeline projects. Please include all available segregable data, including, but not limited to, the company soliciting approval for the project, the location of the project, all available location coordinates, GIS data, pipeline length, etc. If this information is available as a subset of other data, clarification can be provided.
This request is being made by a recognized member of the news media as part of a journalistic inquiry into the development of energy production in the United States, an issue of evergreen importance to the public. The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.
In the event that fees cannot be waived, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 20 business days, as the statute requires.
Beryl C.D. Lipton
Beryl C.D. Lipton
Please be advised that the type of information described in your email is generally public material that can be identified by using the FERC webpage and the FERC elibrary. If an effort to assist you we are providing a link to the 'Gas Industry' page and Elibrary.
* Approved Pipelines: http://www.ferc.gov/industries/gas/indus-act/pipelines/approved-projects.asp
* Pending Pipelines: http://www.ferc.gov/industries/gas/indus-act/pipelines/pending-projects.asp
* Prefiling: http://www.ferc.gov/industries/gas/indus-act/pre-filing.asp
* Gas Pipelines: http://www.ferc.gov/industries/gas/indus-act/pipelines.asp
* Projects in your area: http://www.ferc.gov/resources/projectsearch/SearchProjects.aspx
After your have identified the pipeline(s) that are of interest to you, you will need to use the FERC elibrary to obtain the Public component of the entities Application filing. This document should include location and coordinates,etc. Please be advised that FERC does not require GIS data for the pipelines.
* FERC ELIBRARY: http://www.ferc.gov/docs-filing/elibrary.asp
* Quick Tip<http://www.ferc.gov/docs-filing/elibrary/quick-tip.pdf> [PDF]
* Quick Help<http://www.ferc.gov/docs-filing/elibrary/quick-help.asp>
* Viewing Large Files in eLibrary<http://www.ferc.gov/docs-filing/elibrary/larg-file.pdf> [PDF]
* eLibrary Class/Type Information<http://www.ferc.gov/docs-filing/elibrary/class-type.pdf> [PDF]
* eLibrary Docket Prefix Information<http://www.ferc.gov/docs-filing/elibrary/docket-prefix.pdf> [PDF]
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the FOIA service center at email@example.com or contact me directly at (202) 502-8389.
Federal Energy Regulatory Commission<http://www.ferc.gov>
Office of External Affairs
FOIA Public Liaison
Phone: (202) 502-8389 / Toll Free: 1-866-208-3372
Online FOIA & CEII request forms: http://www.ferc.gov/legal/ceii-foia.asp
NOTICE: This email message and any attachments are for the sole use of the intended recipients and may contain information that is classified as privileged, CEII or otherwise protected from disclosure. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and delete the original message and attachments from your computer and other electronic devices.
There are no files associated with this request.