|Submitted||Nov. 1, 2017|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To Whom It May Concern:
This is a request under the Freedom of Information Act directed towards the 1st Area Medical Laboratory at Fort Bragg, covering the time period December 1st 2013 to now..
I hereby request the following records:
1. All the documents (such as an import permit or a Special Agent Form 2) that the AML used to export Ebola samples to the US
2. A copy of all the Select Agents Program APHIS/CDC forms 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 that were submitted by the AML pertaining to Ebola.
3. The agreements that the AML has signed/reached with each of the affected countries (or their relevant institutions) regarding Ebola and the transfer of Ebola samples.
4. A template of the document that catalogues each sample together with its relevant information, of if this does not exist a list of all the information that is attached to each sample. e.g. age of patient, viral load, type of sample (such as blood, swab etc) etc
5. Agreements signed by the AML (e.g. Material Transfer Agreements) with other institutions regarding the use of Ebola samples
6. The inventory of all Ebola samples that are, or were, in possession of the AML (in the US or abroad) and were collected in Guinea, Liberia or Sierra Leone (the affected countries), including all the information that comes with it, e.g. the location/lab of collection, their current location, and, if relevant, whether they have been destroyed. If such an inventory does not exist, please let us know the protocol you used to avoid samples going missing.
7. The inventory of all Ebola samples imported to the US, including their current location (labs and/or biobanks where they are stored), and, if relevant, the number that have been destroyed.
8. Any inventory held by the AML regarding Ebola samples that were collected or processed by other entities (including the CDC, DOD, NIH, Navy, ACCEL, private laboratories etc) in Guinea, Liberia or Sierra Leone (the affected countries), including the location/lab of collection, their current location, and, if relevant, whether they have been destroyed.
This request should be properly classified as a media request. I am a freelance investigative reporter covering covering East and Central Africa, with a particular focus on business, corruption, natural resources, land and social issues. I have a strong likelihood of publishing news articles based on information released in response to this request. I have previously been published in Le Monde Afrique, IRIN News, Sydney Morning Herald, African Arguments and others. If you have questions about my media classification, please let me know and I'm happy to address them.
In the event that fees cannot be waived, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filed electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not, and I would like text-searchable documents.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 20 business days, as the statute requires.
Please be advised that this office serves as the policy and oversight office for the Department of the Army Freedom of Information and Privacy Acts entities, and is not a repository for documents for the Department of the Army. Requests for information and documents under the purview of the Army are sent to the agency most likely to have responsive records for a review in accordance with Army Regulation 25-55, The Army Freedom of Information Act program.
The Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) only provides the means by which the public can request specific documents from the Army. The FOIA does not require Federal agencies to answer questions, render opinions, do legal research, compile or analyze data, conduct surveys, or provide subjective evaluations.
Per DoD 5400.7-R, requestors must include a statement regarding their willingness to pay all fees or those up to a specified amount. A requestor may request a fee waiver or reduction in fees, however, fees must be addressed before the request is considered perfected.
As stated previously, this office has no records, please resubmit your request with the information stated above to DHR Fort Bragg NC, below is their contact information.
Directorate of Human Resources
ATTN: IMSE-BRG-HRA-F (ADMIN SVCS DIV)
2175 Reilly Road, Stop A
Fort Bragg, NC 28310-5000
COMM: (910) 907-3642
FAX: (910) 432-0808
There are no files associated with this request.