It is a clone of this request.
|Submitted||March 20, 2018|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To Whom It May Concern:
Pursuant to the Texas Public Information Act, I hereby request the following records:
Any and all statistics, data, reports, audits, policies, and procedures pertaining to the following items regarding sexual assault evidence collection (SAEC) kits (also known as "rape kits") and processing:
• all standard operating procedures regarding the SAEC process
• any written policies or procedures regarding department practices on the acquisition of or handling of rape kit evidence, including protocols for its collection, testing, and delegation and transfer to all other possibly relevant locations, laboratories, or agencies
• the number of kits collected and booked into evidence from the period of January 1, 2000 through the date this request is processed
• the number of kits that have been processed by a public or private crime or forensic laboratory or equivalent processing location from the period of January 1, 2000 through the date this request is processed
• the number of unprocessed kits in any storage facilities currently under the department’s jurisdiction and control, including those held by medical personnel or at external laboratory locations
• any materials regarding the status or ultimate disposition of cases in which a kit was collected. Please include all available segregable data.
• all audits involving this agency regarding the collection or backlog of SAEC kits
• all proposed alterations or yet-to-be-implemented changes to the policies and procedures regarding the collection, testing, and use of SAEC kits
If there any questions about this request, please feel free to call us at the MuckRock office at 617-299-1832.
The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.
In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 10 business days, as the statute requires.
To Whom It May Concern:
I wanted to follow up on the following Texas Public Information Act request, copied below, and originally submitted on March 20, 2018. Please let me know when I can expect to receive a response.
Thanks for your help, and let me know if further clarification is needed.
Please see the attached.
Linda S. Flores
Sr. Management Analyst
Open Records Office
San Antonio Police Department
315 S. Santa Rosa Ave, suite 1051
San Antonio, Texas 78207
210-207-7320 ext. 77551
[Description: cid:image001.png@01D3B231.116CF010][Description: https://uploads.mycusthelp.com/SANANTONIO/cosa_quatrefoil_TEXAS.PNG]
The SAPD Mission Statement:
"The San Antonio Police Department is dedicated to improving the quality of life by creating a safe environment in partnership with the people we serve. We act with integrity to reduce fear and crime while treating all with respect, compassion, and fairness."
City of San Antonio, Texas CORE Values:
TEAMWORK | INTEGRITY | INNOVATION | PROFESSIONALISM
Please include the ORR Reference Number I have listed in the subject line of my original email to you (begins with a 'W') when you are providing me responsive documents. If you send me a brand new email rather than replying to my original email, I will not know which request you are responding to without that 'W" ORR Reference Number.
Please always provide the uninterrupted time it takes you to compile the responsive records. If I am asking you for something that you anticipate will take over 2 hours to compile. Please let me know before you begin the work. I am required to get a cost estimate approval prior to such requests.
DEADLINES NOTICE: If the Department wishes to withhold documents from disclosure, the Department must submit a copy of all records immediately, but no more than Three Business Days. (Administrative Directive 1.31) If you are unable to turn in responsive documents within the three business days you need to give us a date and time when the records will be ready so we can let our Legal Department and the requestor know when the documents will be ready. Not complying with the Open Record Act or with Administrative Directive 1.31 will cause the release of all records being ordered, and/or the requestor may file a lawsuit or complaint against the City of San Antonio
Thanks so much for your help with this request! I really appreciate it.