It is a clone of this request.
|Submitted||Aug. 22, 2017|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To Whom It May Concern:
Pursuant to the New York State Freedom of Information Law (1977 N.Y. Laws ch. 933), I hereby request the following records:
Any and all statistics, data, reports, audits, policies, and procedures pertaining to the following items regarding sexual assault evidence collection (SAEC) kits (also known as "rape kits") and processing:
• all standard operating procedures regarding the SAEC process
• any written policies or procedures regarding department practices on the acquisition of or handling of rape kit evidence, including protocols for its collection, testing, and delegation and transfer to all other possibly relevant locations, laboratories, or agencies
• the number of kits collected and booked into evidence from the period of January 1, 2000 through the date this request is processed
• the number of kits that have been processed by a public or private crime or forensic laboratory or equivalent processing location from the period of January 1, 2000 through the date this request is processed
• the number of unprocessed kits in any storage facilities currently under the department’s jurisdiction and control, including those held by medical personnel or at external laboratory locations
• any materials regarding the status or ultimate disposition of cases in which a kit was collected. Please include all available segregable data.
• all audits involving this agency regarding the collection or backlog of SAEC kits
• all proposed alterations or yet-to-be-implemented changes to the policies and procedures regarding the collection, testing, and use of SAEC kits
If there any questions about this request, please feel free to call us at the MuckRock office at 617-299-1832.
The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.
In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 5 business days, as the statute requires.
To Whom It May Concern:
I wanted to follow up on the following Freedom of Information request, copied below, and originally submitted on Aug. 22, 2017. Please let me know when I can expect to receive a response, or if further clarification is needed.
Thanks for your help, and let me know if further clarification is needed.
I have been enjoying a much needed vacation. Upon my return I have your FOIL request in my mailbox. Due to the nature of your request I have forwarded it to our Police Department for processing. This office does not have access to the records you are requesting.
Our Police Department is a small part-time force with limited hours, however, I’m sure our Officer-In-Charge, will return your email request soon.
Kimberly J. Simmons
Village of Philmont
To Vanessa Nason, this is in response to your FOIL request pertaining to the SAEC Kits.
We are a Part-Time Police Agency with limited hours and resources. We do not have any Rape Kits in stock at this time nor have requested any to have in stock. This department would not process any sex offenses. Our policy has always been to turn all major crimes over to a Full Time agency such as the Columbia County Sheriff's Office or New York State Police. If any further information is needed please contact me directly.
Thank you, Deputy OIC Jeremy Huyck
Philmont Village Police Department
124 Main Street
Philmont, NY 12565
518-672-4000 Ext. 128