|Submitted||Feb. 28, 2018|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To Whom It May Concern:
Pursuant to the Idaho Public Records Act, I hereby request the following records:
Copies of all available emails, documents and email attachments exchanged, from August 1, 2017 and February 28, 2018, between officials at the Idaho Attorney General's Office and individuals affiliated with the following organizations and companies. I am providing email domains and email addresses as search terms.
- Judicial Crisis Network (“@judicialnetwork.com”)
- National Rifle Association (“@nrahq.org” ; “@nraila.org”)
- Koch Industries (“@kochind.com” ; “@kochps.com”)
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce (“@uschamber.com” ; “@instituteforlegalreform.com”)
- Federalist Society (“@fed-soc.org” ; “email@example.com”)
- Altria Client Services (“@altria.com”)
- Purdue Pharma (“@pharma.com”)
- Mallinckrodt (“@mallinckrodt.com”)
- Anthem, Inc. (“@anthem.com”)
- Southern Company (“@southernco.com”)
- Peabody Energy (“@peabodyenergy.com”)
- DTE Energy (“@dteenergy.com”)
- Community Choice Financial ("@ccfi.com")
- Advance America (“@advanceamerica.net”)
- American Chemistry Council (“@americanchemistry.com”)
- Monsanto (“@monsanto.com”)
- Hamilton Consulting Group (“@hamilton-consulting.com”)
- Michael Best Strategies, LLC (“@michaelbeststrategies.com”)
- Bruning Law Group (“@bruninglawgroup.com”)
- Cozen O’Connor P.C ("@cozen.com")
- Hunton & Williams (“@hunton.com”)
Please understand “officials” to include individuals holding the following titles: Attorney General; Chief Deputy; Assistant Chief Deputy; Executive Assistant in office of the Attorney General.
Please note that we do not want copies of any newsletters you regularly receive from these organizations. We also do not want copies of any materials that specifically pertain to ongoing opioid litigation.
The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.
In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 3 business days, as the statute requires.
c: (954) 410-4522
Attached is our formal response letter and the documents responsive to yesterday's public records request.
If you don't mind, please acknowledge receipt of the two PDFs.
Scott Graf, Director of Constituent Affairs
Office of Idaho Attorney General Lawrence Wasden
I have received both PDFs. Thank you very much.