|Multi Request||California police data|
|Submitted||July 16, 2019|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To Whom It May Concern:
Pursuant to the California Public Records Act, I hereby request the following records:
1. The total number of police uses of force in 2018, broken down by type of force used (i.e. number of uses of tasers, number of uses of baton, etc.)
2. The total number of use of force complaints reported by civilians in 2018
3. The total number of use of force complaints reported by civilians that were sustained in 2018
4. All arrests data reported to the California Department of Justice via the Monthly Arrests and Citation Register program covering arrests made in 2017 and 2018, including (but not limited to) the age, race/ethnicity, gender, offense category (felony, misdemeanor, status offense), charge and disposition of arrestees.
The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.
In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 10 calendar days, as the statute requires.
The following are responses to your four requested items listed below in your e-mail.
1. Total number of police uses of force in 2018 are 80 cases. 6-OC, 1-Baton/40mm, 13-Taser, 2-K9 and the remainder were takedown/control holds.
2. The total number of use of force complaints for 2018 can be found on the Burbank Police Department's website burbankpd.org under the Professional Accountability tab, complaint summary reports.
3. The total number of use of force complaints for 2018 that were sustained can be found on the Burbank Police Department's website burbankpd.org under the Professional Accountability tab, complaint summary reports.
4. The UCR data, including the Monthly Arrests and Citation Register, is submitted to the California Department of Justice (DOJ) and the information you are requesting can be found on the DOJ's Open Justice website openjustice.doj.ca.gov.
Police Records Manager
Burbank Police Department
200 N Third Street
Burbank, CA 91502
(818) 238-3149 Fax
To Whom It May Concern:
I wanted to follow up on the following California Public Records Act request, copied below, and originally submitted on July 16, 2019. Please let me know when I can expect to receive a response.
Thanks for your help, and let me know if further clarification is needed.
The response to your public records request was e-mailed to you on July 25, 2019.