Massachusetts Public Records Request.

Mary Connaughton Pioneer Institute filed this request with the Brookline Town Clerk of Brookline, MA.


From: Mary Connaughton Pioneer Institute

To Whom It May Concern:

Pursuant to the Massachusetts Public Records Law, I hereby request the following records:

Any and all documents which indicate the whether the City of Brookline has accepted the provisions of G.L. Chapter 258, Section 13, or the provisions of the predecessor statute, G.L. Chapter, 41, Section 100, and the date of any such acceptance.

I also request that, if appropriate, fees be waived as we believe this request is in the public interest, as suggested but not stipulated by the recommendations of the Massachusetts Supervisor of Public Records. The requested documents will be made available to the general public free of charge as part of the public information service at, processed by a representative of the news media/press and is made in the process of news gathering and not for commercial usage.

I expect the request to be filled in an accessible format, including for screen readers, which provide text-to-speech for persons unable to read print. Files that are not accessible to screen readers include, for example, .pdf image files as well as physical documents.

In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.

Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 10 business days, as the statute requires.


Mary Connaughton Pioneer Institute

From: Brookline Town Clerk

Attached, please find the responsive records to your public records request of December 17, 2018. You have the right to appeal a decision for the denial or redaction of material(s) to the Supervisor of Public Records in the Office of the Secretary of the Commonwealth, pursuant to Mass. G.L., c.66, section 10A(a) and you also have the right to seek judicial review by commencing a civil action in superior court, pursuant to Mass. G.L., c.66, section 10A(c).