|Submitted||July 20, 2018|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To Whom It May Concern:
Pursuant to the Oregon Public Records Law, I hereby request the following records from your office for the period of January 1, 2015 to the date of this letter:
1. The number and types of Facial Recognition software licenses or Facial Recognition-enabled equipment in place with the Beaverton Police Department (BPD). Please specify if software has been purchased or if services are performed by outside contractors for the BPD. Please include pilot or testing programs within the scope of this request.
2. Any documents or correspondence during the period encompassing this request regarding possible or planned acquisition of Facial Recognition software packages, Facial Recognition-enabled equipment, or service agreements.
3. Any existing or proposed policies regarding the use of Facial Recognition software or Facial Recognition-enabled equipment, including protocols, training documents, data storage procedures, data sharing policies, and prohibited activities. Please also include the legal standard (e.g. probable cause, court order, relevance, consent), if any, that is required before using this technology.
4. Any current or past litigation involving or referencing the BPD related to the use of Facial Recognition software or Facial Recognition-enabled equipment.
5. Reports to any oversight bodies related to the use of Facial Recognition software or Facial Recognition-enabled equipment.
The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.
In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request be filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter.
I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 10 business days.
We do not use facial recognition equipment/technology here at the Beaverton Police Dept.
Thanks so much for your help with this request! I really appreciate it.