Michael Morisy

What are some good requests to file for former, high-ranking public officials who are leaving or who have left office in order to get any disclosure forms, conflicts of interest, and ethics opinions?

Saw this recent CREW victory and wondering what else is out there.

Shawn Musgrave

A great first step is to figure out who an official would need to report his/her new position to, if such a disclosure is required. 

In Massachusetts, for instance, the state ethics commission has guides for state, county and municipal employees that lays out reporting requirements: http://www.mass.gov/ethics/summaries-of-the-law-in-english-spanish-portuguese.html

Please sign up for an account and file a request to answer a question