Josh Coffin

Does anyone have any suggestions on dealing with an uncooperative agency/agent when making record requests?

Hayden Hodges

Hi Josh,

If you are at the Federal Level, I would appeal. There are some states that have appeal options that do not involve suing the agency, if the state in which you are making the request has an appeal program, I would use this.

You could also write a letter to the agency stating your intent to sue them. But, suing should be last resort.

Please let me know if you have any questions.



Jonathan Grose

Can I ask what agency it is?