|Multi Request||Municipal investments and investment managers|
|Submitted||Aug. 20, 2018|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To Whom It May Concern:
Pursuant to the The Kansas Open Records Act, I hereby request the following records:
• A list of all Investment Management firms, Public Equity managers, public fixed-income account managers, or similar stock, bond, securities, and investment managers or management firms responsible for holdings, trading, or other manipulations of assets held by this agency or any division thereof.
• A list of all asset holdings by this agency or any division thereof, including any associated departments or funds. Please include all available segregable data, including, but not limited to, the company, the associated call symbol, the number of shares, and the value of said shares.
• All reports or responsive materials related to pension funds and other long term investments
• All filings provided to the Securities and Exchange Commission related to investments and holdings for any division under the responsibility of this jurisdiction for the period from January 1, 2014 through August 31, 2018.
If further clarification is necessary, please feel free to be in touch. I can be reached in the MuckRock office at 617-299-1832.
The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.
In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 3 business days, as the statute requires.
To Whom It May Concern:
I wanted to follow up on the following The Kansas Open Records Act request, copied below, and originally submitted on Aug. 20, 2018. Please let me know when I can expect to receive a response, or if further clarification is needed.
Thanks for your help, and let me know if further clarification is needed.
Please find the following sources of information regarding your request dated August 20, 2018. If you have any further questions please contract staff at 268-4300.
1. The City produces quarterly financial reports which include sections entitled “Statement of Cash and Investments;” “pool Funds Investment Portfolio Guidelines;” “Collateral Report for Pooled Funds;” and “Pooled Funds Portfolio.” This information is typically around page 66-69 – although the page numbers can vary each quarter, depending on the other content included in the quarterly report. Quarterly reports are available at https://www.wichita.gov/Finance/Pages/FinancialDocs.aspx
2. The City’s annual audit (the Combined Annual Financial Report, or CAFR) is also available online at https://www.wichita.gov/Finance/Pages/FinancialDocs.aspx This report includes summary information on assets, and includes notes 5 (Cash, Investments and Securities Lending) and 7 (Retirement Funds). These notes begin on page A-42 and A-57, respectively, in the 2017 CAFR.
3. The City’s Pension CAFR is also available online at https://www.wichita.gov/Finance/Pages/Pension.aspx This document includes summary information on investments, and includes note 2 (Cash, Investments and Securities Lending). There is also an Investments section (beginning on page B-1) that may be of interest.
There are no files associated with this request.