|Submitted||July 30, 2014|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To Whom It May Concern:
Pursuant to the Rhode Island Access to Public Records Act ("APRA"), I hereby request the following records:
A copy of the arrest log for the past 24 hours, to include the following information at minimum:
1) Full name of the arrested adult;
2) Home address of the arrested adult, unless doing so would identify a crime victim;
3) Year of birth of the arrested adult;
4) Charge or charges;
5) Date of the arrest;
6) Time of the arrest;
7) Gender of the arrested adult;
8) Race of the arrested adult;
9) Name of the arresting officer unless doing so would identify an undercover officer. R.I. Gen. Laws § 38-2-3.2.
I also request that, if appropriate, fees be waived as I believe this request is in the public interest. The requested documents will be made available to the general public free of charge as part of the public information service at MuckRock.com, processed by a representative of the news media/press and is made in the process of news gathering and not for commercial usage.
In the event that fees cannot be waived, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 10 business days, as the statute requires.
Please confirm whether this APRA request was received as submitted on July 30.