APRA procedures (West Greenwich Town Clerk)

Shawn Musgrave filed this request with the West Greenwich Town Clerk of West Greenwich, RI.


From: Shawn Musgrave

To Whom It May Concern:

Pursuant to the Rhode Island Access to Public Records Act ("APRA"), I hereby request the following records:

Written procedures for access to the agency’s public records, including any records request forms required or suggested by the agency

I also request that, if appropriate, fees be waived as I believe this request is in the public interest. The requested documents will be made available to the general public free of charge as part of the public information service at MuckRock.com, processed by a representative of the news media/press and is made in the process of news gathering and not for commercial usage.

In the event that fees cannot be waived, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.

Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 10 business days, as the statute requires.


Shawn Musgrave

From: Erin F. Liese

April 1, 2014

Dear Mr. Musgrave:

The Town of West Greenwich public records officer is in receipt of your request pursuant to the Access to Public Records Act, R.I.G.L. 38-2-1, et seq.
Your request: Written procedures for access to the agency’s public records, including any records request forms required or suggested by the agency.
The Town's response: The access to the Town of West Greenwich public records policy and request forms are posted in two public buildings in the Town of West Greenwich (Town Hall located at 280 Victory Highway and the Louttit Library located at 274 Victory Highway). The policy and request form are also available on our website at www.wgtownri.org and direct links are listed below:


To the extent you feel aggrieved by this decision you have the right under R.I.G.L. 38-2-8 to seek an administrative appeal to the Town Administrator for a review of the determinations made in this instance. In the event the Town Administrator denies your appeal, you are thereafter free to file a complaint with the Office of the Attorney General, or you may institute proceedings without the assistance of the Attorney General in Rhode Island Superior Court.

Yours truly,

Erin Liese
Erin Liese,CMC
Town Clerk
Town of West Greenwich
280 Victory Highway
West Greenwich, RI 02817
401-392-3800 Ext. 100 


There are no files associated with this request.