|Multi Request||Municipal investments and investment managers|
|Submitted||Aug. 20, 2018|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To Whom It May Concern:
Pursuant to the Iowa Open Records Law, I hereby request the following records:
• A list of all Investment Management firms, Public Equity managers, public fixed-income account managers, or similar stock, bond, securities, and investment managers or management firms responsible for holdings, trading, or other manipulations of assets held by this agency or any division thereof.
• A list of all asset holdings by this agency or any division thereof, including any associated departments or funds. Please include all available segregable data, including, but not limited to, the company, the associated call symbol, the number of shares, and the value of said shares.
• All reports or responsive materials related to pension funds and other long term investments
• All filings provided to the Securities and Exchange Commission related to investments and holdings for any division under the responsibility of this jurisdiction for the period from January 1, 2014 through August 31, 2018.
If further clarification is necessary, please feel free to be in touch. I can be reached in the MuckRock office at 617-299-1832.
The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.
In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 10 business days, as the statute requires.
To Whom It May Concern:
I wanted to follow up on the following Iowa Open Records Law request, copied below, and originally submitted on Aug. 20, 2018. Please let me know when I can expect to receive a response, or if further clarification is needed.
Thanks for your help, and let me know if further clarification is needed.
The City of West Des Moines has received your request for information dated 8/22/18 and the follow up request dated 9/3/18 . Your requests are attached for reference.
The city's responses are as follows:
(1) List of all investment managers for the City:
a. Miles Capital, West Des Moines, IA
(2) List of all asset holdings as of August 31, 2018:
a. See Attached Report
(3) All reports and materials related to pension funds and investments
a. Could you please be more specific? The city receives several pension reports monthly, and in some cases, daily.
(4) All filings provided to the SEC relate to investments and holdings from 2014-2018
Tim Stiles, CPA, CPM(r)
City of West Des Moines