Walton Co. Sherrif's Ofc. Records on Narconon Gulfcoast (Scientology Drug Rehab)

R. M. Seibert filed this request with the Walton County Sheriff's Office of Walton County, FL.

It is a clone of this request.

Est. Completion None
No Responsive Documents


From: R. M. Seibert

To Whom It May Concern:

Pursuant to Florida's Sunshine Law (Fla. Stat. secs. 119.01 to 119.15 (1995)), I hereby request the following records:

All police records, call logs and/or reports generated since October 1, 2003 pertaining to any incidents that occurred at the Narconon drug and alcohol rehabilitation facility located at 3391 Scenic Highway 98 East, Destin, FL 32541. This facility is currently registered with the state as "Blu By the Sea" but has also been known to operate under the following business names at this same location:

Narconon Destin
Narconon Gulf Coast
Gulf Coast Addiction Treatment

I also request that, if appropriate, fees be waived as I believe this request is in the public interest due to the numerous civil lawsuits currently pending against this controversial Scientology-based drug rehab franchise for allegations of negligence, fraud, breach of contract, etc. Disclosure of the records I am seeking will greatly aid the public's understanding of what is happening at this non-profit organization, and how public service agencies operate when dealing with such a facility. For more information, please see:


Additionally, the requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.

In the event that fees cannot be waived, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.

Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your good faith response to this request as the statute requires.


Ms. R. M. Seibert

From: Paula Currid

This facility is located in Okaloosa County, please contact their agency for the information.

Thank you