|Submitted||Feb. 1, 2017|
|Due||March 6, 2017|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To Whom It May Concern:
This is a request under the Freedom of Information Act. I hereby request the following records:
- Any communications between the White House and the office of acting attorney general Sally Yates on Jan. 30, 2017. According to the Washington Post, a letter on White House stationary was delivered to Yates at 9:15 p.m. on Jan. 30 informing her she had been fired. I therefore request a copy of that memo and all other communications between the White House communications that day, including work-related communications sent via private email .
The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.
In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 20 business days, as the statute requires.
This message is to confirm your request submission to the FOIAonline application: View Request. Request information is as follows: (https://foiaonline.regulations.gov:443/foia/action/public/view/request?objectId=090004d28114e6bb)
* Tracking Number: DOJ-2017-002098
* Requester Name: CJ Ciaramella
* Date Submitted: 02/02/2017
* Request Status: Submitted
* Description: FOIA request
Dear Mr. Ciaramella,
I am writing in regards to your Freedom of Information Act request sent on February 1, 2017, and received in this Office on February 2, 2017, in which you requested a copy of a letter delivered to former Acting Attorney General Sally Yates informing her that she had been relieved of her position, and records of communication between her Office and the White House on January 30, 2017.
For your information, I am currently processing several FOIA requests for emails to and from former Acting Attorney General Sally Yates around that time frame, including on January 30, 2017. In an effort to provide you with records as quickly as possible, I would like to know if such records would satisfy your request?
Please let me know at your earliest convenience.
James Matthew Smith
Office of Information Policy
U.S. Department of Justice
Attached is this Office's acknowledgment of the above-referenced request.