MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
Pursuant to the Freedom of Information Act, I hereby request the following records:
Any FBI records dating from 2009-2019 pertaining to officers of the Louisville Metro Police Department (Kentucky), Jefferson County Sheriff's Office (Kentucky), or Kentucky State Police assigned to interdict narcotics or other matter associated with narcotics from parcels or mail in transit:
1. stealing currency, narcotics, or other matter from parcels or mail in transit
2. conducting improper searches of, or seizure from parcels or mail in transit. (including but not limited to seizing items from or otherwise searching parcels or mail prior to obtaining a warrant where a warrant is required)
3. inducing personnel employed by or associated with the United States Postal Service or a commercial parcel carriers to conduct or participate in improper searches of, or seizure from parcels or mail in transit, or theft of narcotics, currency connected with narcotics, or other matter from parcels or mail in transit
4. all records associated with activity similar to the above which have been provided to the Louisville Metro Police Department. The Louisville Metro Police Department has previously indicated to me that its Special Investigations Division has in its possession FBI records stemming from an investigation of an LMPD officer who was ultimately convicted on federal theft charges involving the type of activity I referred to in item #1 of this list.
5. any media records including photographic, video, or audio associated with the above, including but not limited to interviews and surveillance
I have no commercial purpose in making this request, and I intend to eventually post any responsive records publicly.
I am willing to pay applicable fees, however in the event fees exceed $50 please send me an estimate prior to proceeding. I would prefer the request be fulfilled electronically by e-mail attachment or portal upload.
Thank you for your assistance. Stay safe.
/s/ Joseph Durso
The request has been rejected by the agency.