VA paid administrative leave

Todd Feathers filed this request with the Office of Personnel Management of the United States of America.
Est. Completion None


From: Todd Feathers

To Whom It May Concern:

This is a request under the Freedom of Information Act. I hereby request the following records:

1) A list, compiled from the Enterprise Human Resources Integration system, of all Department of Veterans Affairs employees on administrative leave at the time this request is processed. If possible, the dataset should include the length of time the employees have been on leave, the reason for the leave, and any salary earned while on leave.

I am happy to discuss this request if you require clarification. I can be reached at 978-970-4650.

I also ask that all fees be waived for this request as I am a journalist employed by the Lowell Sun and I intend to use the requested records to publish articles in the public interest and not for any commercial purposes.

Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 20 business days, as the statute requires.


Todd Feathers

From: Internet, FOIA

Your request has been received by the U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Requester Service Center in Washington, DC. Your request will be forwarded to the appropriate OPM office for response as quickly as possible. If you have not visited the OPM - FOIA web page, we strongly encourage you to do so at and review important information about the rules OPM follows in handling requests for records, such as: how to make a FOIA request; what fees may be charged; what records are available for public inspection; why some records are not released; and your right to appeal and then go to court if we refuse to release records.

Personnel and Medical Records for Current Federal Employees

The Official Personnel Folders (OPFs), including SF 50s, for current Federal employees are stored at the employee's current employing agency. Therefore, for copies of your personnel records, if you are currently employed by the Federal government, please contact your agency's Freedom of Information/Privacy office.

Personnel and Medical Records for Former Federal Employees

The Official Personnel Folders (OPFs), including SF 50s, for most former civilian Federal employees are stored at the address below. Please mail or fax a signed and dated written request with your social security number, date of birth, the name of the last agency of employment, and the last date of employment to:

National Personnel Records Center (NPRC)<>
1411 Boulder Boulevard
Valmeyer, IL 62295

Fax #: 618-935-3014. More information is available on their website at: .

Information About a Federal Background Investigation
If you need information about a federal background investigation, we encourage you to visit the OPM Federal Investigative Services FOIA and Privacy Act page at for more information.

Thank you for contacting OPM's FOIA Requester Service Center.

From: Internet, FOIA

Good morning, Mr. Feathers:

The U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) would not be the agency of record for this request. The OPM FOIA Requester Service Center discussed your request with the program office which would fulfill this request for the Enterprise Human Resources Integration system. That office advised that you need to send your request to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs FOIA Requester Service Center since this type of data would likely be with their payroll office.

You have the right to appeal this determination. Should you wish to do so, pursuant to 5 CFR ยง 294.110, you must send a copy of your initial request, a copy of the email response denying the request, and a statement as to why you believe the denying official erred within 90 days from the date of this email to:

U.S. Office of Personnel Management
Office of the General Counsel
1900 E Street NW
Washington, DC 20415

Both the front of the envelope and the first page of your letter should be marked "FOIA Appeal."

The Office of Government Information Services (OGIS) was created to offer mediation services to resolve disputes between FOIA requesters and federal agencies as a non-exclusive alternative to litigation. You may contact OGIS in any of the following ways:

The U.S. National Archives and Records Administration
Office of Government Information Services
8601 Adelphi Road - OGIS
College Park, Maryland 20740-6001

Telephone: (202) 741-5770 or 1+ (877) 684-6448
Fax: (202) 741-5769 OGIS

You may also seek additional assistance from the OPM FOIA Public Liaison. The OPM FOIA Public Liaison can be reached as follows:

Telephone Hotline: (202) 606-1153

In any email for the OPM FOIA Public Liaison, please state that it is intended for the OPM FOIA Public Liaison, so that it may be directed appropriately.

Thank you for your interest in OPM's records.

Office of the Chief Information Officer
Freedom of Information Act
Requester Service Center
Telephone: (202) 606-3642


There are no files associated with this request.