|Multi Request||Use of "Still Interested" letters|
|Submitted||Aug. 26, 2019|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To Whom It May Concern:
Pursuant to the Freedom of Information Act, I hereby request the following records:
Documents mentioning or describing any use of "Still Interested" letters (i.e. letters inquiring if the requester is still interested in the records requested) in the processing and/or closure of FOIA requests, including but not limited to:
* The original proposal for their use
* Materials authorizing the use of any of the letters
* Controlling policies or procedures
* Any reports or statistics tracking their use, responses received and/or impact on any FOIA backlog
* Communications with OGIS regarding "Still Interested" letters
* Communications between the FOIA offices and and general counsel's/legal services office discussing or mentioning "still interested" letters
* Materials describing or discussing the number of days given to requesters to respond
* Materials describing the agency's policy on reopening requests when a requester responds after the period of time specified in the letter
The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.
In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 20 business days, as the statute requires.
A fix is required to perfect the request.
Please see the attached. Thank you.
Barbara J. Brown
Government Information Specialist, FOIA Service
Office of Quality, Performance, and Risk (QPR)
Office of Information and Technology (OI&T)
[cid:image001.png@01D566FE.C0D81290]QPR's Mission Statement:
"To lead a culture of quality and accountability to drive an exceptional Veteran and customer experience."
These messages and attachments are For Official Use Only, not to be shared outside intended parties, and may be exempt from disclosure pursuant to 5 U.S.C. § 552. If you received these messages and attachments in error, you must inform the FOIA Officer and destroy them immediately.