|Multi Request||Use of "Still Interested" letters|
|Submitted||Aug. 26, 2019|
To Whom It May Concern:
Pursuant to the Freedom of Information Act, I hereby request the following records:
Documents mentioning or describing any use of "Still Interested" letters (i.e. letters inquiring if the requester is still interested in the records requested) in the processing and/or closure of FOIA requests, including but not limited to:
* The original proposal for their use
* Materials authorizing the use of any of the letters
* Controlling policies or procedures
* Any reports or statistics tracking their use, responses received and/or impact on any FOIA backlog
* Communications with OGIS regarding "Still Interested" letters
* Communications between the FOIA offices and and general counsel's/legal services office discussing or mentioning "still interested" letters
* Materials describing or discussing the number of days given to requesters to respond
* Materials describing the agency's policy on reopening requests when a requester responds after the period of time specified in the letter
The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.
In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 20 business days, as the statute requires.
Attached is our acknowledgment of your DHS FOIA request. If you need to contact this office again concerning your request, please provide the DHS reference number. This will enable us to quickly retrieve the information you are seeking and reduce our response time. This office can be reached at 866-431-0486.
DHS Privacy Office
Disclosure & FOIA Program
Department of Homeland Security
245 Murray Drive, SW
Washington, DC 20528-0655
Telephone: 1-866-431-0486 or 202-343-1743
Visit our FOIA website (http://www.dhs.gov/foia)
Good afternoon Ms. Best,
I am contacting you because we are missing a timeframe (date range) for your request. May I suggest January 1, 2018 to present?
I look forward to your response.
The Privacy Office
U.S. Department of Homeland Security
245 Murray Lane SW
Washington, D.C. 20528-0655
'202-343-1743 | '866-431-0486 | 7 202-343-4011
This is covered by federal and state law governing electronic communications and may contain confidential and legally privileged information. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, use or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this in error, please reply immediately to the sender and delete this message. Thank you.