|Submitted||Sept. 18, 2019|
|Due||Oct. 17, 2019|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
Att: Employment and Training Administration
This is a request under the Freedom of Information Act.
I hereby request the following records:
1. All records related to the following ETA case numbers:
2. All processing notes and any other records related to DOL FOIA request No. 870626.
3. All other records related to:
a. Trump Vineyard Estates, LLC
b. Trump Winery
c. Eric Trump Wine Manufacturing LLC
REQUEST FOR FEE WAIVER
I respectfully request that any fees related to this request be waived. The FOIA provides for a fee waiver when the disclosure of the requested information is in the public interest and not primarily in the commercial interest of the requester.
1. The subject concerns the operations or activities of the U.S. Government, because it seeks records related to the federal government's decision to certify the employment of foreign workers by Trump Winery, a winery controlled by the President of the United States and his associates.
2. The disclosure is likely to contribute to the public understanding about the operations and activities of the U.S. Government, because it will show how the federal government treats businesses in which the President of the United States and his associates have a personal financial interest.
3. The disclosure will contribute significantly to the public understanding, because it will allow the public to compare records generated before Donald Trump became the President of the United States and after he became the President of the United States.
4. There is no other source from which these records can reasonably be obtained.
5. The records will be of interest to a broad spectrum of the public, as opposed to being primarily of interest to the requester alone. Trump Winery has inspired journalists and other members of the news media to report on the company's use of H-2A workers. (See, e.g., https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2017/06/spill-the-wine-how-trump-is-using-his-vineyards-to.html), and there has been intense public interest in the relationship between the Trump Organization and the Trump Administration. (See, e.g., https://www.npr.org/podcasts/583340964/trump-inc).
6. I will make available online all records produced, free of charge.
No Commercial Interest:
1. I have no commercial interest in this request.
2. The public interest outweighs the commercial interest because I have no commercial interest in this request.
3. I will make available online all records produced, free of charge.
If you do decide to charge me fees, please inform me of the total charges before fulfilling my request.
FORM OF PRODUCTION
I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank very much for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 20 business days, as the FOIA requires.
To Whom It May Concern:
I wanted to follow up on the following Freedom of Information Act request, copied below, and originally submitted on Sept. 18, 2019. Please let me know when I can expect to receive a response.
Thanks for your help, and let me know if further clarification is needed.
Unfortunately, we have no record of a previous request. Therefore, your request has been assigned to ETA with tracking number 884087. When they begin processing it, you will be able to track its progress at www.dol.gov/foia<http://www.dol.gov/foia>. If you need to contact them about it for any reason, please submit your inquiry through email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org> or phone 202-693-3101. In addition, it would be helpful to include the tracking number in the Subject line of any email submission or to have it available at the time of a call.
Government Information Specialist, Office of Information Services
Office of the Solicitor | Management & Administrative Legal Services
U.S. DEPARTMENT OF LABOR
200 Constitution Ave., N.W., N-2420 | Washington, DC 20210
T: (202) 693-5531 | F: (202) 693-5389 | E: email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>