|Submitted||June 25, 2015|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To Whom It May Concern:
This is a request under the Freedom of Information Act. I hereby request the following records:
Policies, procedures, and preparatory strategic materials regarding the verification and submission to the FDA of ingredients "generally recognized as safe" (GRAS). Please include, but do not limit, responsive materials to records regarding the following topics:
• acquisition of relevant information on any ingredient determined to be GRAS by any firm (independent or otherwise)
• use of advisory committees in GRAS determinations
• audits and requests for additional information regarding notification and/or determination of GRAS status
• reconsideration of the safety of GRAS substances
• citizen petitions regarding GRAS substances
• the safety of engineered nanomaterials marketed as GRAS
• guidance provided to developers of food applications of nanotechnology regarding application of the GRAS concept
The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.
In the event that fees cannot be waived, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 20 business days, as the statute requires.
Beryl C.D. Lipton
An acknowledgement letter, stating the request is being processed.
A copy of documents responsive to the request.
A cover letter granting the request and outlining any exempted materials, if any.