Personnel Management OIG Investigations Manual

Michael Morisy filed this request with the Office of Personnel Management of the United States of America .


From: Michael Morisy

To Whom It May Concern:

This is a request under the Freedom of Information Act. I hereby request the following records:

A copy of the OPM's OIG Investigations Manual.

I also request that, if appropriate, fees be waived as I believe this request is in the public interest. The requested documents will be made available to the general public free of charge as part of the public information service at, processed by a representative of the news media/press and is made in the process of news gathering and not for commercial usage.

In the event that fees cannot be waived, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.

Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 20 business days, as the statute requires.


Michael Morisy

From: Internet, FOIA

Your request has been received by the U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Requester Service Center in Washington, DC. Your request will be forwarded to the appropriate OPM office for response as quickly as possible. If you have not visited the OPM - FOIA web page, we strongly encourage you to do so at and review important information about the rules OPM follows in handling requests for records, such as: how to make a FOIA request; what fees may be charged; what records are available for public inspection; why some records are not released; and your right to appeal and then go to court if we refuse to release records.

Personnel and Medical Records for Current Federal Employees
Please note that OPM does not maintain official personnel folders or medical records for current or former Federal Employees (other than OPM employees). Current Federal employees can obtain these documents by contacting their employer's Human Resources office.

Personnel and Medical Records for Former Federal Employees
Personnel folders (both military and civilian) and medical records for former Federal employees are stored at the National Personnel Records Center. To obtain a copy, please mail or fax a signed and dated written request with your social security number, date of birth, the name of the last agency of employment, and the last date of employment to: The National Personnel Records Center, 111 Winnebago Street, St. Louis, MO 63118-4126. Fax #: 314/801-9269. More information is available on their website at: .

Information About a Federal Background Investigation
If you need information about a federal background investigation, we encourage you to visit the OPM FOIA page at for more information.

Thank you for contacting OPM's FOIA Requester Service Center.

From: Office of Personnel Management

The request has been rejected, with the agency stating that the information or document(s) requested are exempt from disclosure.