Pepsi and Coke - Assignment Submission - College Cola Contract Crowdsource (University Of Mary Washington)

Beryl Lipton filed this request with the University Of Mary Washington of the United States of America.


From: Beryl Lipton

To Whom It May Concern:

Pursuant to the Freedom of Information Act, I hereby request the following records:

- A copy of any and all contracts (including associated amendments and exhibits) awarded to Pepsi, Coca-Cola, or any subdivision thereof, for the provision of beverages or other goods in any facilities (cafeteria, athletic, academic, recreational, student, etc.) under the purview of this organization, including all activities and buildings associated with athletics, sports, dining services, or otherwise. If this agency does not have a contract with either of the named companies, please provide the equivalent agreement with the currently employed company.

- If a contract(s) with Pepsi, Coca-Cola, or any subdivision thereof has been cancelled, please provide any and all materials related to its cancellation.

- If a contract with Pepsi, Coca-Cola, or any subdivision thereof has been cancelled, please provide the statement from the university about cancellation.

The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.

In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.

Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 20 business days, as the statute requires.


Beryl Lipton


Mr. Lipton,

Below is the response provided by the Procurement Services office to your Freedom of Information request received on October 2, 2018.

"UMW is accessing a cooperative contract held between Pepsi and Old Dominion University. UMW is supplying its bridge agreement to the ODU contract via attached documents. In order to obtain the current version of the ODU master cooperative contract, the requester should contact ODU's Office of Procurement or submit a request through ODU's FOIA protocol."

Christie S. Pugh
Administrative Assistant and Office Receptionist
University Relations
University of Mary Washington